Multi-Language - Active Checkboxes and 404 Page

BenG

Hi,

I'm new to PW and try to set up a multilingual website with "Language Support Page Names".

Basically everything is working but I have 2 Problems:

(x) The "Active?" Checkboxes don't show up which means that I can't deactivate pages which are not translated yet.

http://processwire.com/api/multi-language-support/multi-language-urls/

(x) 404 Page. I added the language switcher solution of the above mentioned article. However this code doesn't work on 404 Pages. Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you :)

Hello Ben, welcome to the forum.

First issue is odd... are you using a custom theme?

As for the 404, it works for me... can you see if it works when you visit this: www.yourdomain.com/fr/jksndkjbskjdjds where the segments are:

[your domain] / [second language name] / [random blob]

Hi diogo,

thx for the response. I'm using a "plain" installation (2.3.0) without anything else installed except those language modules: 

Installed Language Modules:

Language Field Tabs 1.0.7 Organizes Language Fields into tabs for a cleaner easier to use interface

Languages Support 1.0.0 ProcessWire multi-language support.

Languages Support - Fields 1.0.0 Required to use multi-language fields.

Languages Support - Page Names 0.0.3 Required to use multi-language page names. In development, NOT for production use.

Is it possible that the activate feature was removed in version 0.03?

Thanks

EDIT: For the 404: Doesn't work :)

You should try switch wire folder for the latest dev version, I think all those issues were recently fixed but only available in dev.

Thank you. I tried that. That would work, however it's not working for me atm. I tried to change some fields to Textarealanguage but PW won't create the appropriated tables in db.

I guess it's because of the switch to PDO.

Soma is right that you'd need the latest dev version (2.3.2) to take advantage of these features and updates. 

When you replace the /wire/ directory, make sure you remove the old one first and then put in the new one. Trying to copy over the old one is problematic just because it can result in duplicate and/or extra files. 

Thank you. I tried that. That would work, however it's not working for me atm. I tried to change some fields to Textarealanguage but PW won't create the appropriated tables in db.

PW doesn't create new tables when you change a field's type from Textarea to TextareaLanguage. Instead it modifies the schema of existing tables. 

I guess it's because of the switch to PDO.

So long as you have PDO, it should not matter. If your site works at all, then you have PDO. Check that your PHP version is newer than 5.3.8, that you replaced the /wire/ directory as mentioned above, and that you replaced your /index.php and /.htaccess file with the new versions (though that part may not be necessary).

Soma is right that you'd need the latest dev version (2.3.2) to take advantage of these features and updates. 

I finally managed to get everything up and running using the dev branch.

I try to get familiar with module development atm.

The error which i was talking about only occurs if you add a new language before you change the Fields to TextareaLanguage,..

(I use the Template that ships with PW)

Thank you.

The error which i was talking about only occurs if you add a new language before you change the Fields to TextareaLanguage,..

(I use the Template that ships with PW)

Is this still the case even in the dev branch (2.3.2)? So far I can't duplicate. If you only tested this in 2.3.0, don't worry about trying it again as I'm pretty sure we fixed this one already in dev.