isellsoap

Just today I relaunched http://barefigur.es/ It’s now powered by ProcessWire.

A bit of history: I launched Bare Figures in January 2012. Originally it’s a site for visualizing Apple’s quarterly results. Charts are being rendered by Highcharts JS.

In the first few months after the original release I did all manually (actually also creating the JSON file by hand). After that I used a bare-bones SQL database for inputting the data and a PHP script generated the JSON file to feed Highcharts.

Now Bare Figures is powered by ProcessWire (and it feels just absolutely right, I love it). I created a module that generates the JSON files and now the site is, of course, also scalable, which means I can add more companies to the site (the first one besides Apple is Google). I plan to add many more in the future.

What do you think?

• Like 13

Great info and superb presentation! As a number addict myself I really dig this kind of info. Also very nice of you to show ProcessWire in the footer.

Would you consider writing up a case study on how you approached this excellent website?

• Like 2

That would be really great. Seeing how to structure things like this, might be helpfull to others building less sophisticated systems. It also shows why ProcessWire isn't your regular old CMS and how powerful it can be.

• Like 1