Excel-like CRUD in PW using Handsontable

kongondo

Hi Martijn,

I missed the post about your module. Looks great! 

I have a little helper function that does pretty much the same thing with repeaters. It works OK, but gets a bit wild with large tables.

I don't even know what I was expecting from what Ryan posted, just thought he might have some fancy approach that I haven't seen for handling tabular data entry by clients.

• 3 months later...

Hi SadlyMistaken....I am sorry that you are "sadly mistaken" about two things [sorry, I couldn't resist!] :-X  :P :

1. You are not disturbing me and you shouldn't apologise - you are too kind!
  2. The module is not RIP - it is a bit dormant though.....but we will get back to it sometime. Wanze (see posts above) and I  who were working on this are currently very much occupied and haven't had much time to give some love to this module. Hopefully this will change soon. Meanwhile, you can have a look at the helper class on Wanze's Github. Currently, there is no Admin interface for the module. This alpha version is primarily for developers. Eventually, an Admin UI (Process Module) will follow... O0

Cheers

/k

• Like 3

:) Great! It sounds fantastic (I mean 'Hopefully this will change soon') because Waiting a year or two is not the dilemma but the module was cancelled or something.

Thanks so much for this good news!!!

I will try to use it with the helper class.. very very cautiously and  slowly but safety :biggrin:

• 1 year later...

looks amazing! any news on this over a year later? :)

listerpro now has axaj inline editing https://processwire.com/blog/posts/inline-ajax-page-editing-comes-to-listerpro-processwire-2.6.6/ so that's really cool but the excel-like UI could be really comfortable for clients as they are used to it.

thanks for creating and sharing the video :)

• 1 year later...