Required to Login frequently

dwimar

I am new to PW and have been pleased with it so far, however it recently started to jump out of the admin editor back to the login screen. he Login Throttle then prevents me from logging back in for 60 seconds.  This is very frustrating.  

I have two questions.

1.  How to I change the Login Throttle so I don't have to wait 60 seconds?

2.  This one is more serious. I have noticed in the error. log  I get this  message (over and over again)

So I am assuming this is the reason the Admin editor takes me back to the Login screen.  Can anybody give some guidance as to what to do?

Here is the error message

2013-07-25 10:36:27    admin    http://dwimar.com/estar/http404/    Error:     Exception: Method Page::localUrl does not exist or is not callable in this context (in /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/core/Wire.php line 232)  #0 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/site/templates/head.inc(116): Wire->__call('localUrl', Array) #1 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/site/templates/head.inc(116): Page->localUrl(Object(Language)) #2 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/site/templates/basic-page.php(8): include('/home3/dwimarc1...') #3 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(125): require('/home3/dwimarc1...') #4 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/core/Wire.php(271): TemplateFile->___render() #5 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/core/Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks(Array, Array) #6 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/modules/PageRender.module(250): Wire->__call('render', Array) #7 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/modules/PageRender.module(250): TemplateFile->render('render', Array) #8 /home3/dwimarc1/public_html/estar/wire/core/Wire.php(271): PageRender->___r

Welcome to the forums dwimar!

1. Login to ProcessWire and go to Modules page at the top. Find the Login Throttle module and click on the title. A new page loads with several options.  You can change the settings here.

2. Which version are you running? There were some issues with Page::localUrl before so you might want to make sure you are running the latest dev version.

• Like 2

The second one error, is one we already reported multiple times, but I don't know what Ryan says about it or can't remember as I haven't looked into it since then. Basicly the 404 page doesn't have a localUrl when it's thrown and not directly accessed. Not sure it has been fixed already or if it's possible.

• Like 1

2.  This one is more serious. I have noticed in the error. log  I get this  message (over and over again)

So I am assuming this is the reason the Admin editor takes me back to the Login screen.  Can anybody give some guidance as to what to do?

This doesn't really seem related, though stranger things have happened.

Anyway, if you haven't already tried that, empty your browser history -- this has caused us and our clients similar issues (constantly logging out) in the past. If that doesn't help we'll just have to figure out something else :)

The second one error, is one we already reported multiple times, but I don't know what Ryan says about it or can't remember as I haven't looked into it since then. Basicly the 404 page doesn't have a localUrl when it's thrown and not directly accessed. Not sure it has been fixed already or if it's possible.

This was fixed, and localUrl() should be possible with 404 pages now too. Not to mention, multi-language 404 pages are supported as well. But you'd have to be running a dev version that is pretty new (I think this was pushed to the source a week or two ago).