alevine

Error on changing a field name

I have a Concat field whose name i just tried to change

was:  query_pages

attempted:  query_subpages

After the failure shown below, the prior name still exists, and no reference to the new name I attempted.

Result:

• ProcessField: Saved Field - query_subpages

• TemplateFile: Can't find file: '.\pwire\field_query_pages.frm' (errno: 2 - No such file or directory)
    RENAME TABLE `field_query_pages` TO `tmp_field_query_subpages`

#0 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Fields.php(187): Database->query('RENAME TABLE `f...')#1 [internal function]: Fields->___save(Object(Field))#2 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('save', Array)#4 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Field.php(231): Wire->__call('save', Array)#5 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Field.php(231): Fields->save(Object(Field))#6 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\modules\Process\ProcessField\ProcessField.module(741): Field->save()#7 [internal function]: ProcessField->___executeSave()#8 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#9 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('executeSave', Array)#10 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\ProcessController.php(194): Wire->__call('executeSave', Array)#11 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\ProcessController.php(194): ProcessField->executeSave()#12 [internal function]: ProcessController->___execute()#13 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#14 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)#15 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\admin.php(45): Wire->__call('execute', Array)#16 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\admin.php(45): ProcessController->execute()#17 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\templates-admin\controller.php(13): require('C:\dev\xampp\ht...')#18 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\site\templates\admin.php(13): require('C:\dev\xampp\ht...')#19 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(125): require('C:\dev\xampp\ht...')#20 [internal function]: TemplateFile->___render()#21 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#22 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)#23 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\modules\PageRender.module(250): Wire->__call('render', Array)#24 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\modules\PageRender.module(250): TemplateFile->render()#25 [internal function]: PageRender->___renderPage(Object(HookEvent))#26 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#27 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('renderPage', Array)#28 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(293): Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)#29 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(293): PageRender->renderPage(Object(HookEvent))#30 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('render', Array)#31 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(97): Wire->__call('render', Array)#32 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(97): Page->render()#33 [internal function]: ProcessPageView->___execute()#34 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(271): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#35 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\wire\core\Wire.php(229): Wire->runHooks('execute', Array)#36 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\index.php(192): Wire->__call('execute', Array)#37 C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\pwire\index.php(192): ProcessPageView->execute()#38 {main}

I can't duplicate that one. Though it actually looks like a MySQL internal error of some sort, as it's referring to field_query_pages.frm, which is a MySQL format file, not a ProcessWire one. You might want to run a table repair and try again. 

Are you sure you tried it with a Concat field?  There's no table created for Concat types, so the rename table should error out.  And in the module, I see no reference to creating table data, but rather quite the opposite:

public function ___deleteField(Field $field) {
        // deleting of field not necessary
        return true;
    }

public function getDatabaseSchema(Field $field) {
        // no database schema necessary
        return array();
    }

public function ___createField(Field $field) {
        // nothing necessary to create the field
        return true;
    }

Or is my install just this broken? :/    I am running mysql 5.6.7

I definitely did try it with a concat field--I still have test_concat_renamed sitting in my fields list. :) But I see what you are getting at: since this field has no tables, why is it apparently trying to rename tables in your installation? That's a mystery. I will take a closer look and see what I can find.  

I definitely did try it with a concat field--I still have test_concat_renamed sitting in my fields list. :) But I see what you are getting at: since this field has no tables, why is it apparently trying to rename tables in your installation? That's a mystery. I will take a closer look and see what I can find.  

:/  Perhaps another oddity between windows and other platforms when it comes to mysql? ;)

If there's anything I can provide you from my side, test case or attempts, please let me know.  I'm very happy to assist in giving back

-- adam

• Like 1