Site for a Hotel in Bayern, Germany

MadeMyDay

pjax is ajax + pushstate, a nice way to use regular ajax but having urls changing accordingly to the page you are looking at. ( more here )

Since left sidebar always remains at the same place (and didn't noticed any flashes when i change pages) I thought you were using that method to manage transitions ( it's a good thing IMHO :)).

• Like 2

Very nice!

One thing I noticed, when sizing down the window [not with the min-button], then maximizing again [with max button], the nice background on the left is gone. Only happens on Chrome, not in Opera or FF.

Chrome is my default browser btw.

That facebook news is very nice, is that a plug-in of some kind?

Regards.

Thx to all!

That facebook news is very nice, is that a plug-in of some kind?

It's done per individual script as explained here.

One thing I noticed, when sizing down the window [not with the min-button], then maximizing again [with max button], the nice background on the left is gone. Only happens on Chrome, not in Opera or FF.

Chrome is my default browser btw.

Doesn't happen here. But since there some JS actions triggered when resizing the window there can sometimes go something wrong. Especially when resizing very fast over two breakpoints. Shouldn't be a "real world" issue, though ;-) (at least I hope that)

"Buchungsanfrage" isn't completly implemented? When trying I don't get a list of rooms or calendars.

It's just an Iframe with content from their booking provider. Perhaps they had some loading issues? After clicking on "Buchungsanfrage" you have to click on one of the buttons because the site represents two hotels with two booking forms (also one those weird decisions to run two different booking forms for two hotels which are side by side)

• Like 1

It's done per individual script as explained here.

Doesn't happen here. But since there some JS actions triggered when resizing the window there can sometimes go something wrong. Especially when resizing very fast over two breakpoints. Shouldn't be a "real world" issue, though ;-) (at least I hope that)

Thx for the link!

I thought so about the JS, it's certainly not a 'real world' issue, at first I was like 'huh', what was that? So I thought, let's mention it, after all the effort you did.

Probably nobody will notice it, no doubt... fact remains: very nice website!

Nice website. Layout and style fits for a hotel. Hotels have usually a big cashflow so you can charge them more than a regular customer. I think that Hotels are interesting clients as well because they need updates to be done on the website. How did you catch this hotel website project ?

Hotels have usually a good cashflow so you can charge them more than a regular customer.

Not true. First of all I don't manipulate my prices depending on a potential cash flow. And second, hotels act in a very competitive market, so I wouldn't generalize it ;-)

Hotels are interesting clients as well because they need updates to be done on the website.

My goal is always to deliver a tool with which my customers don't need any support from me. That's the reason why I use PW. I am not like the old school agencies which deliver TYPO3 only for supporting contracts. My available time is short, I don't want to fix things, I want to create things.

How did you catch this hotel website project ?

Mainly because of another website I did recently: http://hotelderblauereiter.de

• Like 2

Not true. First of all I don't manipulate my prices depending on a potential cash flow.

You make it almost sound if I said something negative. What's wrong with charging a higher price for a hotel website compared to a local flower shop website ?

My goal is always to deliver a tool with which my customers don't need any support from me.

Not always a customer has somebody around that knows how to update a website, even if the website is done with pw. Not only building websites makes money but also updating them. To get service (update) contracts is very normal to earn money.

You make it almost sound if I said something negative. What's wrong with charging a higher price for a hotel website compared to a local flower shop website ?

Wasn't intended, sorry ;-) There is nothing wrong with that. What I wanted to say was: If someone can't afford it, there will be no contract. And if someone has a plenty of money, he gets more features. But I usually don't adjust my hourly rate depending on the clients.

Not always a customer has somebody around that knows how to update a website, even if the website is done with pw.

Not only building websites makes money but also updating them. To get service (update) contracts is very normal to earn money.

Of course. But it is not the way I want to work. See: Creating things is exciting, putting text on websites isn't. I am alone, I don't want to spend my time copying&pasting text on websites. It is something completely different if you are a.) not fully engaged or if you have b.) some (cheaper) employees with which you can handle such tasks. this is how agencies usually handle it, but as I said, I am alone and want to concentrate on the creative processes like concept, design and realization.

• Like 1

I guess it's all a market issue to find clients in your own working field. Some clients will look for an agency with employees in the first place who can offer not only creating a website but also a range of available services (such as updating and maintenance). But if such a website was not too big and I could handle such a website on my own, I guess I wouldn't say no to it.

Yes, you are right. Always depends on the size of a company. But my impression is that most companies want to maintain their site on their own (regarding content). Mostly because they made bad experiences with agencies charging them for every little bit, for every little change. Of course, if a company exceeds a certain size and has an annual budget for their website, they are more likely to outsource everything related to the website. But I always try to anticipate their needs for the next few years and try to implement the system as flexible as possible. Can result in little higher fixed costs but after that they usually haven't to bother me for changing little or even medium details ;-)

• Like 1

But I always try to anticipate their needs for the next few years and try to implement the system as flexible as possible. Can result in little higher fixed costs but after that they usually haven't to bother me for changing little or even medium details ;-)

I like that and made a note of it. That is a very good project issue to discuss with your client at forehand.

Builds professional relationship and trust with your client.

Another great site–nice job!

My goal is always to deliver a tool with which my customers don't need any support from me. That's the reason why I use PW. I am not like the old school agencies which deliver TYPO3 only for supporting contracts. My available time is short, I don't want to fix things, I want to create things.

I liked reading this. Great way to put it. It's exactly what I try to do with my clients too. Though I have had a couple of clients that want the site built in ProcessWire so that they can make edits, but then continue to sending text edits to me…  :huh:

• Like 1