seedle

how to integrate FluxBB or SMF into Processwire?

Hi all,

I need a very simple forum for the website I'm planning to build on Processwire. I tried to run Apeisa's Discussion module, but when I clicked on "reply" or "another reply" links, I get a "404 Page not found" message although I can see my messages added when I click on the "submit" button. I could not go further. As a beginner in PHP and other programming languages, I find it hard to find out what could be wrong.

So I read a little further and found some people mentioned about the integration of FluxBB or SMF, but there was no instruction how to do that. Is it possible to elaborate a little on this and guide me through?

Thank you.

Hi seedle, welcome to the forums.

I need a very simple forum for the website I'm planning to build on Processwire. I tried to run Apeisa's Discussion module, but when I clicked on "reply" or "another reply" links, I get a "404 Page not found" message although I can see my messages added when I click on the "submit" button. I could not go further. As a beginner in PHP and other programming languages, I find it hard to find out what could be wrong.

I think you should post that to the support board of the module. This way there is a big chance that the modules author read it and can respond to it.

So I read a little further and found some people mentioned about the integration of FluxBB or SMF, but there was no instruction how to do that. Is it possible to elaborate a little on this and guide me through?

I haven't integrated third party programms into PW myself, but I think it could be more work to do than to get the discussion module running. But I'm not sure on this.

Did you create all the required .php template files, as per these instructions?

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/572-release-discussions/

I have used this in a couple of sites without problems, so as horst says, it should be an easy fix to get this working. Whether it suits your needs is another story - it is a very basic (but effective) forum.

Actual proper user integration with other forum software will be much more complicated. You could potentially install some and style to match your PW site though with less effort.

Here is a recent thread that might want to start following as Pete is looking to possibly build some forum integration:

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/3536-forum-integration-module/

• Like 1

Yes. I created the .php templates so I can see my messages being added. Just when I click on the "reply" and "another reply" links, they give me 404. Horst, I take your words and I think Discussions module would be enough for me if I figure out the problem with these two links. Any more ideas why they give me 404?

... Any more ideas why they give me 404?

No sorry, I don't know it, - but I once again recommend to post this into the support board of the module. This way there is a big chance that the modules author read it and can respond to it.

(thats why the support board exists!)  ;)

Also, maybe check the full 404 status in firebug or similar (i.e. path/to/page/xxx not found etc.) That should give you clues I suppose..

I actually don't know what you mean by the "reply" or "another reply" links - I only have the submit button. Can you attach a screenshot of the links you are clicking on and then the url of the page that produces the 404 error, as well as describing the page tree that you see when you browse the forum posts in the admin. I am sure we can figure it out from there.