Cannot login to admin area

Bosse1981

Hello,

very stupid - sorry!
I played arround with permissions on system templates - now I cannot login anymore. Always get redirected to 404 Page.

Even more stupid: Can't really remember what I did last.

Tried to give a special role access to the roles Page. My thought was, that I would have to give this role access to the system templates (roles/admin/...) , but this did not work. So I set everything back to its default. At that time I did something wrong. 

Frontend is working fine - backend allways 404 Page

PW Version 2.7

As I said: Very stupid. Any suggestions???

Thanks alot!

Edit: Helped myself by restoring a database backup ...

• 3 months later...

Annoying :/

Tried to copy my running pw installation (more like duplicating using ssh "cp -r" command) then created new db and imported a dump of the running installation
Everything looks good front end etc but I'm not able to login into backend

Now I ran a slightly different route, installed new devns 3.0.21 (I want to update anyway) then imported the db dump from running pw all good except that I can't login

copied salt, changed sessionName to php's default session_name() like Ryan mentioned, disabled CSRF and fingerprint but no luck..changed admin password without any luck..uh ja..I'm not getting any messages and logs/sessions.txt says successfully logged in Can
only thing works is $session->forceLogin($users->get(41)) but only if I keep this line active, as soon as I comment this line out and refresh backend I get the login form..

What can I do? I want this clone as staging server to test new developments before introducing at the running site..

Dont copy your pw installation. You want to be sure that your new destination environment is compatible with processwire. On your new destination, install a fresh new installation of the same processwire version with the same profile as you did with your running installation. If this doesnt (in your case see if login works normally) work you know you have to check your host settings, if this works then go on delete the site folder on your new destination and copy over the site folder from your running installation and make the salt the same in your config.php. Empty the database on your new destination and import your sql file. Check again if at this stage you can login normally. After this you can go on upgrade your processwire version.

• Like 2

okay I was going to complain and argue "but what's the difference..bla bla.." but then I thought.."what ever just try it out"

So now I'm having a running staging version on it's own subdomain..so exact clone of the live version but already updated to 3.0.25
only thing I needed to fix cookies by setting session name to default $config->sessionName = session_name();

YIPPIIEEEH!!!!! THANKS A LOT pwired!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, watertower said:

IF this is the best practice, can we remove this tutorial which suggests how easy it is to copy a ProcessWire installation?

But if you are already familiar with the destination and know that it is compatible, then that is still the easiest way to copy a PW installation. Perhaps the tutorial could include a caveat suggesting a test install from scratch might be beneficial if you are unfamiliar with the hosting environment. @Joss ?

• Like 1