ShowLED creative LED solutions

Sylvio

ShowLED starcloth systems, components, and custom LED installations set industry standards for innovation and ease of use. Flexible, lightweight LED curtains are the ideal medium for classic starry sky stage backdrops, colourful venue masking and decoration, star tunnels and walls, and animated video cloths.

http://www.showled.com

Uses PW2.0, a customized 'Form Template Processor' that enables you to save form data to a DB. Some

other modules include: AdminBar, Fieldtype Select (AKA Drop Down), Redirects Process, RSS Feed Generator

The client loves ProcessWire, the ease of adding, editing, etc of pages, especially in combo with AdminBar (by Antti Peisa). They

have another website build with TYPO3, which is not bad, but they praise the simplicity (seen in user context :D) of PW

Nice work! Thanks for posting. Very good use of videos and quality production throughout.

What do these conditional comments mean at the top?

<!--[if IE 9 ]>    <html lang="en" class="no-js ie9"> <![endif]--> 

I hadn't seen the "no-js ie9" before (and all the others for IE), so was curious about that.

Nice work! Thanks for posting. Very good use of videos and quality production throughout.

What do these conditional comments mean at the top?

<!--[if IE 9 ]>    <html lang="en" class="no-js ie9"> <![endif]--> 

I hadn't seen the "no-js ie9" before (and all the others for IE), so was curious about that.

this is for targeting IE versions in CSS by simply being able to use it like: .ie9 .title { ... } .ie8 .title {}

without the need of hacks or conditional stylesheets. looks like the site uses html5boilerplate, see their website for more infos on this subject.

Very cool. Seems like a handy thing! Though also a little sad that we have to do this for IE. :) But that's life, and this seems like a good way to deal with it. Is there any advantage to doing this with the <html> tag as opposed to the <body> tag?

Very cool. Seems like a handy thing! Though also a little sad that we have to do this for IE. :) But that's life, and this seems like a good way to deal with it. Is there any advantage to doing this with the <html> tag as opposed to the <body> tag?

iirc html5-boilerplate started of with those comments and ie classes in the body tag. At some point they decided it was better to put it in the html tag.

Some of the reasons are listed here:

https://github.com/paulirish/html5-boilerplate/wiki/The-markup

Using the boilerplate is a pretty nice way to start of a new project.

I think that there are many very good concepts in html5 boilerplate and I use that as a reference, but would never use that as my default as is (that is not probably even a preferred way, though I am not sure). Feel like there is too much of everything, and rather than "building" my start, I would start it by cleaning all the stuff that I don't need.

I have never had use for modernizr.js, I don't always use jQuery, I very rarely need IE hacks or styles, I don't always have google analytics, I don't always have javascript files included, no need to support chrome frame (IE6 < 1% in Finland) etc... So for me most of my projects would use just 5% or 10% what boilerplate provides. So I do keep my eye on that project and think that there are many very good tips and practices there, but would only use parts that I really need and understand what they are for.

Oh, and back to the topic! Site looks good scarota. I remember you gave us preview on this earlier? Pretty big site and lot's of different areas (and very little usual "content pages"), so I think that building that with pw must have been nice ride?

EDIT: Oh and I somehow missed your client's AdminBar praise on first post. Glad to hear that. Will make sure that new version for 2.1 will be even better ;)

Apeisa, I agree about your comment regarding HTML5Boilerplate, if you use it, clean out what you don't need!

On the topic of building the website with PW, it was awesome. Flexible and ease of building anything you want (well not anything), what I mean, there wasn't a moment that I thought I couldn't do it with PW.

Small note: I wish PW2.1 was already released when I started to build this website, PW2.0 lacks that fine grain control that you have in PW2.1. I lacked control of editors deleting certain page areas, only using certain templates, etc...

Next thing on the agenda will be writing a module! ;)

Sylvio