kongondo

Tutorials @kongondo.com

Hi all, I've finally managed to set up my website where I intend to post ProcessWire tutorials. The site (lessons) is very much WIP. I have tried to make the site as responsive as possible. I have only tested in Chrome and FF. I'd rather write more lessons than test in IE to be honest :D so I won't pursue that... :P

I will try to post regularly but can't make any promises as to the frequency :). I intend to randomly post some pre-planned lessons. I will update this forum post everytime I post something new. If you have questions, pointers, etc about any lesson, or a request for a specific lesson, please post them here. This way, other forum members can assist in answering the questions :D. Thanks.

/k O0

====================================================================

Edit: 28 August 2014 - Fist Tutorial is up (OK, it's Blog Module documentation :-))

1. Creating a Blog in ProcessWire (Blog Module how to) - 28 August 2014 [99% done]
  2. Next: 'All you ever wanted to know about ProcessWire Modules [and other cool things]' - COMING very SOON
  • Like 22

Only took a glance, but looks really great!

Nice....btw, what's "kongondo" stands for? (Something very important if you've dedicated that huge space for the logo :P).

• Like 1

Yo dude, where do you find all that time to set all that up (plus the tutos) ? Amazing. We'll actually I am jealous

I don't have that time my self that I would love to spend on pw.

Ryan, I think it is time to make kongondo a tutorial pw ambassador !

• Like 3

Looking good Kongondo! I look forward to reading your tutorials. 

"Kongondo's Web Tutorials" looks great. 

Do you think you will find any spare time to post a tutorial? 

Mark, 

Thanks. 

As for posting a tutorial, I am afraid some other work has gotten in the way in the last couple of months :'(I hope to start writing during the xmas break (finger's crossed!). Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

/k

• Like 4

Hey Kongondo, you owe me a new keyboard.......my F5 key has worn out!  :'( ........Only joking! The Kongondo's Web Tutorials website looks so cool. Please please please upload one teaser tutorial. 

• Like 4

Hehe...OK, I get it, point taken :biggrin: ...tutorials coming up in ___ days... :lol:  :ph34r:  :-X

• Like 4

Thanks kongondo, I understand time is limited. I will check back every__seconds... :lol:

Many Thanks

• Like 5

Post #2000! Better be good! Better be big!!

Thanks for waiting :-)...what? It's only been 1 year  :P. Finally! Some tutorials are up! OK, for now, it is my Blog module's documentation. Hey, that's not cheating! Don't laugh :-X

Meanwhile, I also refreshed my website (how can you refresh an empty house you say? hehe - but it now has content. Nuh, for real, it has content). Toned down on the narcissism as well;)  :P  :lol:

Updated first post. Next lessons by great public demand - "Process Wire Modules!"

Cheers/k  :) 

• Like 7

^-^

while reading - only one in the tuts is needed on the end of every part it would really be nice to get a little prev/next navigation?

<- 1. Installing Blog                                                    3. MarkupBlog API ->

great stuff to read!

Kind regards mr-fan

(Maybe "kongondo" means "king of  ongoing doing momentous occasions" - in a crazy non-native-speaker english :P )

• Like 2

@mr-fan - you read my mind! I had prev/next navigation but removed it :-). I'll put it back 

Guys there was this comment on reddit re my links' colour - that the blue is too light on a white background. Is that your experience as well? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      I have been asked by a client whether we can setup load balancing for their existing Processwire site.
      From my investigations on Google and within these forums, it definitely seems possible but as a newbie with a basic understanding of the subject im a bit lost.
      Does anyone know of any existing tutorials for settings up load balancing with PW?
      What items would need to be changed on their current stand alone install, is there a list of best practices worth consulting etc?
      As I understand it we would need to have some sort of copying mechanism (rsync script most likely) in order to make sure any uploaded assets are shared between the main server and the fallback ones, other than that im not sure what else would need to be ammended.
      Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Sten
      Hello,
      I'd like to participate to a documentation about the page flow in PW. I am still a beginner and still have difficulties to see the big picture but I could help to the writing.
      What is the flow when a page is displayed or created ? It would be fine to draw a scheme with every stage in which one can add hooks. Something to describe the flow in time.
      May be it exists.
      page
      |
      fields
      |
      template
      What do you think ?
    • By Kevin C. McCarthy
      I am desperate to learn how to you ProcessWire to it's fullest potential, and while the documentation is great and always appreciated, I simply can't follow along because it gets way too technical without really showing how applicable and versatile it can be. Then again, I'm almost a moderate understanding of PHP and no experience with APIs or programming JavaScript—so it's probably leagues ahead of where I am at the moment. That said, I learn best by watching and the doing. Think Codecademy or FreeCodeCamp. I was wonder if there are any video tutorials or walk-through lessons to give me a greater understanding of ProcessWire and how to utilize it effectively.
      For some background, I'm great with WordPress and I'm great with writing websites by hand with Notepad only. The biggest hurdles I have with PW is the phrasing is so far left of WP at times that it's a massive hurdle for me to get over. Like in WP, themes, templates, etc are totally different things. And as someone who builds WP sites for a living, it gets hard to kill those old preconceived meanings.
      I want to start building out PW sites for numerous reasons. For one, most of my clients they would benefit from it vs the Bloated Beast. Two, it would allow me to differentiate me in a market saturated by WP devs. I know I have a long ways to go until I reach that point of considering myself a "PW dev", but I am desperate for resources to help me wrap my head around it.
      I've built my own website in PW but TBH it only handles some of the data while most of the text has been hard-coded into the PHP template files because I couldn't get my my head around the "best practice" of structuring the data.
      Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just hoping those of you in the community can point me to easily-digestible sources out there that can help move me along so I can actually benefit from using the platform. Thank you!
    • By EyeDentify
      Simple example for loading template specific CSS file.
      This example asumes that you have your CSS file in a directory relative to template root.
      Like:
      templates/css/my_template_specific.css
      Also i use in the template a simple text field to hold the name of the CSS file i want to load.
      I call this field 'css_file'
      Use what you feel comfortable with.
      So in your header section of the DOM notice the "page specific CSS" part?
      Thats were the magic happens. What happens is that we check to see if the file exists in the CSS dir relative to template root.
      And if it does we load it. Simple and effective.
      I load all other CSS that is used all over the site in global_styles.css first.
      And make sure you load template specific last, because then you can easily override CSS in global.

DOM header example:
      <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8" /> <title><?PHP echo($page->title); ?></title> <!-- main CSS --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?PHP echo($config->urls->templates); ?>css/global_styles.css"> <!-- page specific CSS --> <?PHP /* Use relative path in file_exists() */ if(file_exists('css/' . $page->css_file)) { echo("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"{$config->urls->templates}css/{$page->css_file}\">"); } ?> </head> <body> Thats my way of doing it. I am sure there is plenty of more ways to do it. This is for the newbies or anyone that wants more options.
      Good luck with your CSS out there in Cyberspace.
      Cheers from EyeDentify
    • By ARG
      Hello, I am completely new at PW, (and Php) coming from another CMS.  I decided to try to understand the beast, before crafting anything.
      So, I started  from the beginning: the simple web site tutorial.
      I am trying to output the Home page with Head and footer included in. 
      Here is my Home page code:
      include("./includes/head.inc.php"); echo "<h1>{$page->title}</h1>"; include("./includes/scripts.inc.php"); include("./includes/foot.inc.php"); Here is my  Head.inc.php code:
      <?php require_once("./includes/functions.inc.php"); ?> <!doctype html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8" /> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" /> <meta name="description" content="<?php echo $pages->get("/site-settings/")->site_meta_description; ?>"> <title><?php echo $pages->get("/site-settings/")->site_meta_description;?></title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>css/simplegrid.css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>css/site.css" /> </head> <body> And this the message I got, when I try to view my page:
      Compile Error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:/wamp64/www/processwire-master/site/templates/includes/includes/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') (line 1 of C:\wamp64\www\processwire-master\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\templates\includes\head.inc.php)
      Any advice would be helpful
      Thank you for your time.