Tutorials @kongondo.com

kongondo

Guys there was this comment on reddit re my links' colour - that the blue is too light on a white background. Is that your experience as well?

I'll have to agree, but my eyesight is fine though.

Edit: colors depend a lot on each screen, so it's always better to stay on the safe side and contrast more than we think it's needed.

• Like 1

Guys there was this comment on reddit re my links' colour - that the blue is too light on a white background. Is that your experience as well? 

Yeah, on my laptop the links are a bit light on they eye. Could be a tad darker for readability.

• Like 1

Thanks guys - would this colour work? #51BCD8. Thanks

Or maybe this colour?

Bright red maybe  :P - design is not my forte clearly :-)...all suggestions will be considered, thanks.

Edited by kongondo

Thanks guys - would this colour work? #51BCD8. Thanks

Honestly speaking, that's still a bit light for my taste. I'd go with stronger colour.

Looks like you had #79B803 as your link colour at some point. That looks great. Just saying ;)

• Like 1

I like your first green :)

Thx.You mean this one #79B803? colour (or you mean my original website design, the green one! I got tired of that lol)

Honestly speaking, that's still a bit light for my taste. I'd go with stronger colour.

Looks like you had #79B803 as your link colour at some point. That looks great. Just saying ;)

Thanks Teppo - let me revert and see...

The second one works better for me.

Ta

Try something like http://snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html

I don't have an issue on my imac pro retina.

Thx Soma. Cool one. I'll try it. I was playing at Adobe Kuler but got tired...

Really depending on the screen. Looking now on an IPad and both blue colors, also the light one, are very good readable.

Thanks Reems

Thx.You mean this one #79B803? colour (or you mean my original website design, the green one! I got tired of that lol)

I mean that one. Maybe it's also to light, but I like it :)

• Like 1

Really depending on the screen. Looking now on an IPad and both blue colors, also the light one, are very good readable.

That's true, on my phone the light blue is also fine, but it's best to play it safe when it comes to these things.

The green looks pretty good on your site. It also depends a lot on font(size) and weight: I pasted the blue below, because i like this color on a couple sites i did. With the forum font and size it is still a tad light. So pasting colors, away from the actual site, doesn't really work (but i still like my blue).

I like blue like this #1FA3EC

• Like 1