starting out with website, intranet and internet

Ara

Hi All,

Am new to processwire and would like to make an informed decision before using it. Am basically a designer with some programming skills. My question is this: Can I go ahead to use processwire for this even though i am still learning php.

Thank you

Hi Ara,

I think you'll find (as I did) Processwire really simple to use and understand. Of couse that it always depends on what you are trying to achieve, but I've started using PW with a fairly complex site and, with the help of the great and helpful people of this forum, I'm loving it and feel confident that I'll be using it for every project that needs content management in the future.

Definitely I've found it easier and with fewer restrictions out of the box than other CMS's I've used (including Expression Engine).

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it, I already downloaded processwire and ready to jump into the boat. I really hope it works out, as I just have a month to work on this project

Am basically a designer with some programming skills.

I'm basically a programmer with some design skills.

Jumped on the PW bandwagon recently. You can do a lot with relatively few concepts. You just have to use those PW parts to good advantage. My first shot at something in PW tends to have some workarounds in it by the time I get all the functionality I want. Then I look at those issues more closely and dig around in the forums and find that I missed some subtlety and was making extra work for myself. One thing that helps me is to just think "node" whenever the Processwire "Page" is discussed. They really are anything you want to them to be, or at least they function as a handle for connecting PW's powerful API to data you bring in. Very practical.

The cheatsheets and other references behind the API link up top are a great help.

• Like 1