• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By modifiedcontent
      Is there a way to change the input options for the images field?
      I am trying to figure out if it would make sense to use an external script like Zenphoto as a central media library/manager. How could I connect that with Processwire?
      'Choose File' in the images field would have to be able to open that 3rd party media library or a directory on the server or some cloud service instead of (only) the client file manager.
      Could justb3a's field type module Image Extra be part of the solution? I will try that and report back. Other field types/modules?
      I know there is a pro module Media Manager that does look very slick, but would prefer to make this work with a mature, tested 3rd party script if a central media gallery is never going to be a core Processwire feature.
    • By Antonio Iorio
      Hi guys, as I would need your support. I state to be a beginner and I met the application the day before yesterday for the first time.
      I'm creating a manga reading site using wiremanga and I need to know how I can incorporate altervista advertising. (this is my site if you could serve http://dgtread.altervista.org/)
      I have also modified some elements of both the .css and php files but despite saving they are not updated.
    • By modifiedcontent
      Another dumb question:
      Is there a field type for a text-based array?
      In my case I need to store an array of RSS feeds for SimplePie. Storing that list of links in a textarea - text formatted to look like an array - doesn't work with the script. It works with one link.
      The images field is an array. I assumed there would be an equivalent for URLs or text in general.
      Or is there another approach for these cases?
      Edit:
      I guess using the optional (module) Repeater field type is the best solution in this case? I have now a working solution based on that. Still curious about other ideas.

• By mrjasongorman
      I've been working with different CMS's for quite a few years now but there was always one thing that bugged me, I never knew how the CMS takes a url and resolves a page ID from it. I knew it was to do with the "slug" but what i couldn't figure out is when it came to sub pages, as the slug only refers to the page itself not the parent pages in the url e.g /parent-page/sub-page.
      The main two CMS's i've worked with are Wordpress and ProcessWire, ProcessWire always has the upper hand when it comes to speed, even a large PW site is tens of milliseconds faster than a fresh Wordpress install.
      With the resolution of urls to pages being (probably) the most used query in a CMS i thought i'd investigate the two different approaches.
      Both ProcessWire and Wordpress split the urls by forward slash to extract the slugs /about/people/ => ['about', 'people'], however ProcessWire takes a completely different approach when it comes to resolving a page ID from these slugs. ProcessWire uses this query: 
      SELECT pages.id,pages.parent_id,pages.templates_id FROM `pages` JOIN pages AS parent2 ON (pages.parent_id=parent2.id AND (parent2.name='about')) JOIN pages AS rootparent ON (parent2.parent_id=rootparent.id AND rootparent.id=1) WHERE pages.name='people' AND (pages.status<9999999) GROUP BY pages.id LIMIT 0,1; Resulting in a single item of the page in question including the page's template id. For urls with more parts it looks as though ProcessWire creates more JOINS to essentially walk back up the hierarchy and fully resolve the ID of the correct page. 

Wordpress on the other hand takes a different approach:
      SELECT ID, post_name, post_parent, post_type FROM wp_posts WHERE post_name IN ('about','people') AND post_type IN ('page','attachment'); More elegant looking however it returns a list of potential items. So requires a loop within PHP to walk the hierarchy tree and determine the correct page ID.
      Both queries once cached by MySQL took 19-21ms to return, ProcessWire looks as though it uses this to it's advantage by returning the correct page ID straight from the MySQL cache and doesn't require the extra looping step afterwards.

Interesting to see the different approaches to the same problems.

• By rafaoski
      Hello All ... I just added a new Site Profile ...
      It is important that you use the latest version that supports the new Fields => Fieldset in Tab , Fieldset ( Page ) for this time it is version 3.0.83 DEV
      A simple profile for quick start new Page ... There are several pages like About Us, Blog, Portfolio, Contact Page ...
      The profile is not based on any framework, I just used some css, flexbox, grid, font awesome, and added a simple FlexBox Grid called GRIDLEX ...
      CAN DOWNLOAD FROM THIS LINK:
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/site-twilight/
      https://github.com/rafaoski/site-twilight
      Some Screenshots:

OPTIONS PAGE:

CONTACT PAGE:

BLOG PAGE:

ABOUT PAGE:

PORTFOLIO PAGE:

In addition, I added 2 great modules:
      Tracy Debugger:
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/