gfdesign

How do I translate this?

Hello

I want to know how I have to translate these texts I've marked in red in the below image:

2w34ayh.gif

I've found these texts in wire\modules\Inputfield\InputfieldPage\InputfieldPage.module but as this module did not have files with .json or .zip extension, I can't load the texts I want to translate on Admin >  Setup > Languages
How I should translate them?
Thanks

Not sure what you mean with these .json and .zip files, but I'm guessing you're saying that they weren't there in some language pack you've downloaded? Not all language packs contain all files -- there may be more translatable phrases now than there were when the language pack was created etc. so you'll have to either translate these manually or post a heads-up about these to the maintainer of that particular language pack.

Anyway, if you want to translate this file manually then just follow these steps:

1. Log in, go to Setup > Languages and select target language
  2. At the bottom of "Language translation files" follow the "translate new file" link
  3. Type whole path (\wire\modules\Inputfield\InputfieldPage\InputfieldPage.module) in the "File to translate" input
  4. Translation page should open -- now you'll just have to translate phrases manually and save

If I'm understanding something wrong here, please provide some extra information about what you're exactly trying to do.

• Like 6

Yes. That's the exactly I was wondering.
I have done it before but I couldn't remember it :wacko:
Thanks for taking your time explaining me.
Best regards

Thanks Teppo, that's exactly what should be documented somewhere.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pip
      Hi everyone, 
      Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template? 
      I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload. 
      I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 
      Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. 

• By codevark
      The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.
      I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.
      Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.
      --Pete
    • By vwatson
      I don't have any fontawesome icons in the admin section. Not sure what's wrong. They used to appear. I've tried all the user profiles and they're gone in all of them.
      Using the browser inspector tool, I see this message:
      Access to font at 'https://www.domain.com/wire/templates-admin/styles/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.7.0' from origin 'http://domain.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
      I'm not sure why this is occurring or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By Andi
      Getting a little deeper into the ProcessWire state-of-mind here. I seriously think I wouldn't have come back to webdev if it wasn't for this wonderful little gem of a CMS.
      I have an "Options" field added to all users on a site. If the user has anything other then "default" selected, I would like to show a permanent message in the admin like the one in the screenshot, only so that the user can't close it. As a friendly reminder that he changed that option from default to something crazy 🙂
      I've read up on how to send messages to users, but where would I hook into to make this show up all the time in the backend?
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire/message/
      Thanks in advance!