Release: Unify Admin Theme

adamspruijt

A little something I've been working on for a while now. I decided I wanted to created a theme that felt like a natural fit for ProcessWire; light, clean, efficient and straight forward. So I took to using what I had learned from the themes I had created in the past, took some vigorous inspiration from the new website and got to work. And this is what I've created... so far of course ;)

Unify Admin Theme

DOWNLOAD

*****    Updated for compatibility with current dev 2.3.5.   *****

Login Page ---------------------------------

post-778-0-50482300-1371958655.png

PageList ----------------------------------------

post-778-0-44474800-1371958656.png

PageEdit -------------------------------------

post-778-0-70048200-1371958648.png

Image Insert Dialog -----------------------------

post-778-0-77803100-1371958653.png

Subnav Dropdown ------------------------------------

post-778-0-30951400-1371958647.png

Features

• subnav dropdown menu
  • gravatar user profile images
  • CollagePlus image insert layout
  • customized CKeditor theme (minor tweaks, but it really fits in nicer)

Enjoy! I will continue to tweak and perfect this theme so be sure to let me know if you have any issues or suggestions. I would consider this a beta for now as I've done little to no cross browser testing.

Thanks!

post-778-0-34869500-1371957892_thumb.png

post-778-0-44434800-1371957896_thumb.png

post-778-0-35171600-1371957897_thumb.png

post-778-0-30951400-1371958647_thumb.png

post-778-0-70048200-1371958648_thumb.png

post-778-0-77803100-1371958653_thumb.png

post-778-0-50482300-1371958655_thumb.png

post-778-0-44474800-1371958656_thumb.png

• Like 17

Hi Adam,

great! I have just downloaded and installed it on a local site. And it feels very well.

Thank's for sharing it.

^-^

I have noticed a little issue:

Notice: Undefined variable: nav in W:\WEB_MIRRORS\_ProcessWire\pw3d_BETA3\htdocs\site\templates-admin\topnav.inc on line 7

and a missed, (but not needed file I think)

Warning: include(_gravatar.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\WEB_MIRRORS\_ProcessWire\pw3d_BETA3\htdocs\site\templates-admin\default.php on line 113

• 2 weeks later...

@adamspruijt: How are you making that grid of images like that seen in the "select image" screenshot? I did try to check myself, but am not seeing the grid here locally. 

@adamspruijt: How are you making that grid of images like that seen in the "select image" screenshot? I did try to check myself, but am not seeing the grid here locally. 

It's handled by the collagePlus plugin, are you saying that its not showing up like that at all? I just pushed an update so that the theme uses the latest version of collagePlus, maybe you were running into compatibility issues? Let me know. 

I'm not sure why it wasn't working in my case, but will try again. Good to know how the capability is provided (collagePlus), I like it so much you have me thinking this should be the default output. 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

love your theme. Think, this can be the new PW default theme.

Found some points to check/fix (for translations) in default.php (compared with default.php in /wire/templates-admin/)

line 11

<html lang="<?php echo __('en', __FILE__); // HTML tag lang attribute
	/* this intentionally on a separate line */ ?>"><head>

line 15

<title><?php echo __(strip_tags($page->get("browser_title|headline|title|name")), __FILE__); ?> › ProcessWire</title>

line77

<h1><?php echo __(strip_tags($this->fuel->processHeadline ? $this->fuel->processHeadline : $page->get("title|name")), __FILE__); ?></h1>

line 87

$title = __($breadcrumb->title, __FILE__);

line 91

<li class="fright"><a target="_blank" id="view-site" href="<?php echo $config->urls->root; ?>"><?php echo __('Site', __FILE__); ?></a></li>

line 115

<?php $edit = __('profile', __FILE__); ?>

but I don't find the menu drop-downs?

Also a little bit strange: with the fixes from above the h1 and breadcrumb work like expected under /Setup/ (Fields --> translated to Felder). Under /Access/ Users, Roles, Permissions will not be translated in the h1 and in the breadcrumb.

Also a little bit strange: with the fixes from above the h1 and breadcrumb work like expected under /Setup/ (Fields --> translated to Felder). Under /Access/ Users, Roles, Permissions will not be translated in the h1 and in the breadcrumb.

This we can fix in the /wire/templates-admin/default.php. That's no theme topic.

One more fix to do in Unify theme: the 'Translate New File' link is invisible. At least needs some height (and the other theme styles)

ul.LanguageFilesActions {
	height: 50px; /* example height */
}

the last thing to find are the menu-dropdowns (for translations)..?

This we can fix in the /wire/templates-admin/default.php. That's no theme topic.

One more fix to do in Unify theme: the 'Translate New File' link is invisible. At least needs some height (and the other theme styles)

ul.LanguageFilesActions {
	height: 50px; /* example height */
}

the last thing to find are the menu-dropdowns (for translations)..?

Pushed partial compatibility with 2.3.4, almost finished, also addressed most of your concerns I think. Thanks Manfred.

EDIT: Should be fully compatible now with some additional improvements.

• Like 2

Hi Adam,

tested it. But the 'transate new file' link still isn't visible?

for translated menu dropdown (class=subnav) I changed this:

$nav .=	"\n\t\t\t\t<ul class='subnav'>";
foreach ($p->children as $c) {
	$subclass = strpos($page->path, $c->path) === 0 ? " class='on'" : '';
	$title = strip_tags((string)$c->get('title|name')); 
	$title = __($title, dirname(__FILE__) . '/default.php');
	$nav .=	"\n\t\t\t\t<li><a href='{$c->url}'{$subclass}>$title</a></li>";
}
$nav .=	"\n\t\t\t\t</ul>";

Works so far, but strange.. the entry 'Fields' is not translated?? For example 'Languages' is translated. Hmm, did I oversee something?

In the Teflon2 theme all is translated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing with this theme and it looks really great. Although, I found that the caption bars are not working in my case. They are small and are not clickable.

Has anybody else encountered this? Or just me? I'm running the latest master and with nothing else changed.

post-626-0-41494100-1383640599_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to test out your theme... I think I found a bug...

When cloning a page I get following error:

Unrecognized path

otherwise it looks nice :-)

----------------------------

Edit: ignore this, it seems it has nothing to do with the theme... sorry.

----------------------------

Greetings

• 5 months later...

madalin,

PW 2.4 manages themes a little differently. Unfortunately most (all?) of the third party themes have not been updated yet.

Here are some instructions on how to get it to work:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/4650-new-processwire-admin-theme-on-dev-branch/?p=53671

However honestly I think you are better off sticking with the default theme at the moment - there is a lot of new functionality in there that the old themes don't support. I also know that there is a second 2.4 specific theme just around the corner, and I am sure more will follow.

• Like 8