Virgin tribe SA website created in PW

benbyf

hi benbyf,

nice "metro" site, only two minor comments though:

- the top-level menu is a single line for the first five items and a double line for the sixth (the virgin way). imho a single line for all items would look better

- an additional line break between the questions on /about/ would increase readability of the page imho

anyway, good work!

Thanks for your comments @totoff I'll look into the first comment (its on a signle line in firefox for example, so not intentional.) Your second comment unfortunately refers to the content which I have nothing to do with :(  (I in fact changed the about page to give it more space and they changed it back, so there's no accounting for taste).

for your debugging convenience, attached is a screenshot. latest chrome on windows.

if you do

#content strong {
display:block;
margin: 6px 0;
}

they can't do nothing ;-) - but sure, you know that.

post-625-0-52563800-1371122716_thumb.png

Greetings,

The site looks really nice!  Great colors, bright and positive presentation.  The home-page slides are fun!

Some things I am noticing:

1. The boxes in the "latest-container" seem a bit large.  Just my opinion.  Maybe reduce them a bit, or perhaps add something unique in each one (maybe a semi-transparent image)?

2. There is an extra ">" character to the left of the "slides" component on the home page.

3. I might be missing something on your structure, but I notice several DIV containers that don't actually contain their nested materials (for example, the "content" DIV).  The page still looks fine, so it's just the "underneath" structure.

I viewed it on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

Thanks for sharing!  Keep us updated on progress as more content is added.

Matthew

@benbyf: regarding the nav issue @totoff mentioned you're giving "#topnav a" margin-right of 2% (0 2% 0 0.) This seems to screw with box model on at least Chrome. Could probably be fixed by giving it width of 100% (instead of "auto") -- though I'm not sure how that would affect all the other views.. :)

Also: some things could use a bit of tuning on smaller screens (.latest-box elements could be full width, social media icons overlap top nav at one point etc.) Nothing dramatic though.

The site itself looks great -- I'm really digging it's design!