Module: Import Pages from CSV file

ryan

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also bought the ListerPro where i can export Pages. 

In the export files I can see fields like PageTitle.data  which is for default language and Pagetitle.data1200  where 1200 is the ID of the second Language. 

How can I import them? Those fields are not selectable in CSV page import :(

Any hack or simple modification to change this or how I can import multilanguage fields? 

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used this module on 3.X branch? Using 3.0.8 i'm getting stuck on the 'Step 2' screen. It does not seem to grab the fields from the template i want to use for the pages to import. In the screenshot 'menu-item', but i've tried in a number of ways and different parents but no luck. I'm not getting any errors or anything but i get empty field dropdowns.

I'm aware that the module does not yet indicate compatibility with 3.X but most 2.X modules i tried worked fine with 3.X.

2016-02-13%2020_32_33-Start.png

Edit: for (cross)reference, a Github issue has also been made about this by another user. https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ImportPagesCSV/issues/12

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Same effect on 3.0.15, but some strange 'extra' effect.

I modified the array 'supported fieldtypes' and added TextUnique and Time:

protected $fieldtypes = array(
        'FieldtypePageTitle',
        'FieldtypeText',
        'FieldtypeTextarea',
        'FieldtypeInteger',
        'FieldtypeFloat',
        'FieldtypeEmail',
        'FieldtypeURL',
        'FieldtypeCheckbox',
        'FieldtypeFile',
        'FieldtypePage',
        'FieldtypeTextUnique',
        'FieldtypeTime',
        'FieldtypeDateTime',
        );

After that I can select these fields in the dropdowns, but the standard fields are still not available.

As I want to convert 700 pages from Drupal a working solution would be of great help.

Update: I got a 90% solution with Adrian's Batch child editor - I struggled a bit finding the CSV import settings for field pairings under 'page settings'.

Update: I got a 90% solution with Adrian's Batch child editor - I struggled a bit finding the CSV import settings for field pairings under 'page settings'.

What's the missing 10% ? Did the field pairings work as expected? Is there anything I can do to make BCE work better for your needs?

• Like 1

Adrian,

I am sorry for misleading you with the 90% figure. It just describes my success in transferring Drupal data to ProcessWire in an automated way. The BCE module (thanks for that) is doing 100% what it should, the field pairings work great. My missing 10% is that I have to unwrap Drupal field collections into single fields for ProcessWire. I can do that probably on the CSV side and split the columns into fractions.

• Like 1

Hi, thank you so much Ryan for this amazing module. It helps me a lot.

I have in my .csv a column for countries: (France, Germany…). I would like those countries name to be imported as sub-pages of a “Countries” pages, with a template “country”. The page field “country” allows pages to be created from it. I learn in Nik’post that such pages could be associated automatically (if I understand it well), but is it possible to create it from the .csv?

If I try to associate my csv field to the right PW field I get: ImportPagesCSV: Unable to import page because it has no required 'title' field or it is blank.

Any idea to help me solve my problem?

Just use the same csv to create all the countries with the importer (disallow duplicates) before using it another time to import the pages linking to the countries.

Thanks a lot for your clarification, that works perfectly.

I am trying to Import Pages from a CSV file in version 3.0.15 but I can't get it to work. Using the module: "Import Pages from CSV file"  In version 2 I have no problems. Anyone on the forum has checked already if this module is compatible with version 3? Please your feedback.

I have the problem in step 2 when I have to connect the field, the dropdown stays empty. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...