PageListSelect Field Input Type Not Storing Data

tc_855

I copies the Skyscrapers field entry data almost to the 'T' when creating my PW project.

I created new pages/subpages for the drop down data to choose from and now I want to give a new page the option of selecting from one of those drop down of those categories.

All looks good. I go from a drop down tree list of my pages, select the page I want to categorize the page with and then hit save ... but nothing stores in the database and when I come back I have to select it again.

Also if I choose 'select' instead of PageListSelect I see a drop down containing nothing in the page when creating a new one.

Is there some kind of programming needed to be able to store PageListSelect data?

Thanks.

Is that a single page reference field or a multiple one? When editing that field, under input, have you checked the settings under "parent of selectable pages"? Also, still under input, have you checked that you have the correct type "input field type"? i.e. single type for single page reference field or multiple select type for multiple page reference field. There is a type that doesn't play well with PageListSelect. I can't remember which one but PW tells you. Could that be it? What about radio input select (for single pages), does that work?

Are other none-page fields saving correctly?

Is this post related to your other one here http://processwire.com/talk/topic/3767-new-fields-dont-appear-in-template/? If yes, it is good to keep related stuff in one post... :)