ProcessWire Dev Branch

ryan

• 3 weeks later...

I know everything is pretty locked down for this version (2.6) but I wonder if this could be a consideration for a future release. And that is: when adding a new template and using 'duplicate fields used by another template' there could be an option to also copy the field widths too.

• Like 3

Using PHP56 I can not upload files (JavaScript on):

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Tested with PHP53 and PHP55 - works without any problem. If I deactivate JavaScript it's working for PHP56 too.

If I click save, I get the following message: Pageimages: Removed 'images' temp file(s) for page /haeuser/ - 062fc62.jpg 

post-2759-0-03272900-1430735747_thumb.pn

ProcessWire 2.5.29 dev

@justb3a I'm using PHP 5.6 here but not seeing the issue. It looks like something is throwing some output when it shouldn't, causing it to interfere with the resulting JSON from the ajax request. You can observe what it is by clicking your Network tab (from your screenshot above) and then click on the ajax request that resulted from your upload. From there you can observe details about the request. Click on the response tab, which should give you a plain text view of the response. Most likely you'll see an error message (or some other HTML output) preceding the JSON. What does it say?

Hi,

I have updated a site from 2.3.5 to 2.5.29 by changing .htaccess and index.php and switching the wire folder.

Now I have some quirks in the admin. The pagination doesn't work. Everytime I press a page number it shows me not only the next 25 pages, it shows me 25 x the next 25 pages! Also it with every additional click it multiplys them!

To show this in a screencast, I have set the item number to only 5 instead of 25.

Another thing is that I cannot uninstall modules because when hovering or clicking the [ uninstall ] header, nothing happens.

Is anything like that already known?

horst, have you done a full/hard/forced refresh on the admin? I've had some odd behaviour in the past, which has just turned out to be cached module javascript files.

• Like 1

Sorry to suggest something obvious - still happens when trying on an alternate browser not previously used for the site (so guaranteed no old cached stuff)?

Craig beat me to it :)

Edited by alan
  • Like 1

I'm definitely seeing old cached stuff there, or remnants from the old admin theme. Particularly on that uninstall box, the colors of the PW 2.3 admin theme are bleeding through. Do a hard refresh on your browser cache. Make sure that your entire /wire/ directory was replaced in it's entirety and not replaced into (with potentially merged files). Lastly, make sure you don't have a /site/templates-admin/ directory present. 

• Like 2

Hhm, it is still the same as before  :(

Have tried with IE, what I don't use normally and have the same behave. Also the site was newly setup today as a new (formerly not used) virtual host on my local machine.

With FF I have cleared all browser cache and everything else, - completly and multiple times now.

Wirefolder was switched, not merged.

The old templates-admin folder was deleted after the first successful request with the new wire folder.

That old colors came from a custom css file what was loaded with AdminCustomFiles module. But I have disabled that option and now it isn't loaded and the color isn't overwritten, but the behave is still the same.

Hhm, so, what else can I check?

EDIT:

when hovering over the [ uninstall ] header I get lots of JS console errors: passing empty string to getElementById(), but now I can open it by click and can access the uninstall checkbox!

But the behave of the pagination is still weird.

EDIT 2: FINALLY SOLVED

after dropping / refreshing all from browser cache and double checking the sites and wire folders etc. the only logical thing was that it must be something in the DB. And after dropping once all rows from the caches table it works fine now. :)

Edited by horst
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Media query not working

[sorry if this is not the best venue for this comment or indeed if the comment is deemed a "Like DUH! This should not need pointing out"]

I was experimenting with a site using one of the default profiles and noticed it was not supporting media queries.

After some faffing around I finally asked Google and they said

have you got this?
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

...And sure enough I hadn't.

Thought I'd post this in case it helps anyone and also to suggest this should be added to the standard PW Profiles (if no one can see a problem with that).

Currently 2.6.1 but that's because I've been using the in-PW Upgrade option, I am not sure what version I started at but I think it was a 2.5.x. I was adapting the PW Profile that has the cartoons (Copyright by Austin Cramer).

On a 2.6.2 site I am finding that a local site at biggie.local:5757 with a $config->httpHosts setting of

$config->httpHosts = array(
'biggie.local:5757' // Local site on MAMP via CodeKit.app
);

is reported as an error at the top of Admin:

Config: Unrecognized HTTP host:'biggie.local:5757' - Please update your $config->httpHosts setting in /site/config.php

The site is hosted via MAMP Pro plus CodeKit.

Is perhaps Processwire expecting hosts to have 1, 2 or 3 character TLDs (and 5 ('local') is breaking the code)?

PS: If I should report this elsewhere please let me know, ta.

@alan I run PW also with CodeKit and MAMP PRO and I am using an extra long very unique extension: ".tbadev" (6 chars). Have you tried something different than ".local" ?

Maybe "local" is reserved and conflicting with something else on the Mac (maybe Bonjour)?

• Like 1

Thanks @ceberlin & @Doug.

Looks like I need to speak to CodeKit... I too stopped using .local an OS X version or two ago (since I found it behaving oddly), switched to other TLDs and hadn't noticed the TLD that CodeKit creates for me was back to .local... My MAMP TLD is .here but CodeKit runs it's own webserver and serves the MAMP pages via it's own URL and it seems that is hard-coded to .local :/

Will talk to the dev who is usually very responsive and helpful.

I love the new Field Rights Feature in the core. Thank you very much.

I would like to migrate older installations, which use the Page Edit Field Permission Module with some fields. From what I think the new core is 100% replacing that module's features.

How does the new core plays with the module and what is the best way to migrate? Just uninstalling the module and update the field settings in question?

Or would a simple uninstalling of that module leave unclear rights settings remaining somewere in the system?

Ok I tried this:

go to Users/roles and make a note what was set there for the fields with a permission,

set those same permissions in the new field settings for each field

delete the permission entries from Users/Permissions

and finally uninstall the old module

• Like 1