ProcessWire Dev Branch

ryan

I think Manfred is trying to point out some potentially unwanted behaviour in the midst of what are neat new features :)

The problem I encountered on a fresh install is that if you check for new modules it brings up ALL modules. They were of course all installed recently, so technically it's correct behaviour, but when you are setting up a new site and installing new modules from the modules directory and other sources, it makes them harder to find in the list.

I think the easiest way to fix it would be to have it ignore modules in the /wire/modules/ directory when checking for things like new modules in the last day etc. Possibly ryan has already fixed it as I tested this about 5 days ago.

• Like 2

yes, that's what I mean. It's confusing to see the core modules under "new".

About fieldnames: if it's intended to see them there, we should make a new line in general. Think, that will look cleaner. See example.

post-1027-0-41629600-1407504006_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

That modules issue mentioned above should be fixed now, though let me know if you still experience it. 

A few interesting mid-week updates for those following ProcessWire 2.5 development (aka the dev branch). Here are links to the blog post about it: 

With ProcessWire 2.5 getting very close to release, we could especially use help testing out the new installer if anyone wants to give it a try. 

• Like 22

@ryan

Gonna try this weekend especially for the languages as there might be an issue with MySQL.

Port forwarding here is a difficult thing, because of the complexity of my network. (Al kind of sunpanel monitoring stuff is connected)

But for me it's no problem to open my Mac with team viewer for debugging the Multi Languages. ( Not that I think this is very handy )

Not sure if I should make a new topic for this, but yesterday I tried to install the latest dev branch on a site and broke it completely. No errors, no HTTP status, just the my browser’s “connection reset” page.

I tried different versions and found this to be the earliest non-working commit. I noticed System Update 7 didn’t run, but changing the DB manually didn’t help. I’m also running a different site on the same server configuration, which accepts the upgrade just fine.

It seems to be something to do with the 3rd-party modules I didn’t uninstall. It’s a multi-language site with the Textareas profield. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

just tested a new installation on local environment. Very smooth, no problems.

Small drawback: PW is getting bigger (file-size), even without the new Languages and Iridium profile, or the new additional admin-theme.

It's around 15 mb now? I don't see how that would a drawback, even small. Besides, you can prolly strip out the unneeded profiles if you wanted to.

I really like it that there will be a couple of profile in the default package. Should be good for different audiences (learning, experienced etc.)

Awesome!!

Export / Import teamplates & fields. Section modules remember the last tab. You can add modules from anywhere. The find section, wow!. And a solution to the huge images that collapsed your screen. I created a module that is no longer needed :)

The heaven in my hands :) Thanks @ryan

• Like 3

This is speeding up way faster than I thought. PW is reaching a level from where

we can market processwire in a much wider range. I am thinking about finding

young people out there who are eager to build websites.

It has been discussed before, the home page of processwire has not changed much during

the years of development. It still reflects the old processwire and not it´s current potential.

Maybe we can borrow some inspiration of the drupal home page ?

What I'm really missing and waiting in PW since the beginning are draft/live versions of pages, basicly more advanced workflow/publishing options. I feel this would be a lot more needed than all the new features we got. Not saying they're bad. I hope we get that with 2.5! 

• Like 7

What I'm really missing and waiting in PW since the beginning are draft/live versions of pages, basicly more advanced workflow/publishing options. I feel this would be a lot more needed than all the new features we got. Not saying they're bad. I hope we get that with 2.5! 

2.6(+) is not too far  ;)

• Like 2

In the roadmap I can see all the cool features are sponsored by someone. I just guess we could crowd-sponsor our own desires )) If it was possible to estimate, how much will it take to complete those "draft and live versions of any page" functionality, we could try to collect the money and get the common good. Just recently I took part in such an endevour related to Joomla. I can't say I got too much money to spend, but I'll surely find 5 to 10 bucks at least :). It would be cool to see stated "this feature is sponsored by community". To not break Ryan's open source spirit down we could decide to sponsor definite amount of new functions per semester or so. We could also make some kind of voting on that, so we really take part in deciding, in which direction should this software develop. What do you think?

• Like 3