shopify integration

Marco Angeli

+1 for more info about shopify integration...

i have a new ecommerce site that has to go into production, and was considering PW+FoxyCart;

I would be interested in the pros/cons re PW+shopify vs other systems...;

i guess it must be mostly features – since foxycart can handle everything with respect to the checkout process, i would wonder what advantage Shopify provides. It costs a lot more as well.

Hi,

The simplest method is to use a subdomain (shop.mydomain.com) for your store and then power the rest of your site with PW.

Most of the time I can build the entire site in Shopify though. FoxyCart is a great option as well.

i think as PW grows in user base, there might be more developers wanting to do ecommerce;

perhaps there should be a forum/subforum where we could consolidate all of the ecommerce-related topics.

• Like 2

Greetings,

In my experience so far, Shopify is great if you want to build the entire system in Shopify -- in other words, use Shopify as your CMS and your full e-commerce actions.

If you want to use ProcessWire as your CMS and pull in just the shopping cart/e-commerce elements and credit card transactions as needed, then FoxyCart is better.

Both solutions have their benefits.  However, ProcessWire excels so wonderfully at being a flexible CMS I want to build all my sites with it.  In that case, something like FoxyCart is better, since it just ties into my ProcessWire site.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 3

Where you can do some nice integration with Shopify is via their post order hooks. You can very easily set Shopify to ping a URL on your ProcessWire site with some JSON data about an order, immediately after it takes place. From there you can easily automate creation of member accounts, for example. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

HELLO!

This is an old thread now, but just got a requirement into to do some shopify integration with PW, anyone done anything like this and created a module at all? If not I'll get on it. I mainly want to get product info from shopify to show in PW.

• Like 1