CMS Critic now powered by ProcessWire

cmscritic

This is an exciting announcement for me to make! After having selected ProcessWire as our 2012 Best Free CMS winner in our Critics Choice CMS Awards, we decided it was time to put our money where our mouths are and make the move ourselves.

I'll get into more detail soon but for now, I'm excited to present the new CMS Critic (developed by the illustrious Ryan Cramer). Note that it is still propagating so if you don't see a site that looks like the screenshot below, DNS hasn't fully updated. I'm just too pleased to wait the full 24 hours to make the announcement ;P

I also did this write up on the experience: http://www.cmscritic.com/cms-critic-is-now-powered-by-processwire/

Check it out: CMS Critic

34879277.png

• Like 28

Congrats on the relaunch. I know you are still ironing out kinks....here's one more (see attachment). You get this massive white space on the masthead div (height 728px) when you first open an article. If you hit refresh, it reloads to the right size (83px). 

Edit: see post below...false alarm, move on please, nothing to see here ;)  :-[ 

Yes please, would like to hear more about how the WP content was transferred to PW, thanks.

post-894-0-04641200-1370250383_thumb.png

Edited by kongondo

Congrats on the relaunch. I know you are still ironing out kinks....here's one more (see attachment). You get this massive white space on the masthead div (height 728px) when you first open an article. If you hit refresh, it reloads to the right size (83px). 

Yes please, would like to hear more about how the WP content was transferred to PW, thanks.

Turn off your Adblocker and it should be fine :D

• Like 1

Awesome work, @cmscritic! One of the best PW websites I've seen so far!  :)

I'd also love to read a case study on the WordPress/ProcessWire conversion. Specially on how you setup the categories/topics and tags.  ;)

• Like 1

Mike & Ryan,

The site looks great, and is wicked fast

I've spent more time on it today than probably all my previous visits combined.

Nice job guys.

Awesome thanks for the feedback. I've noticed the pageviews are up 300% from previous.

• Like 2

This is great news. Congratulations Ryan on a superb CMS. I personally use PW on most of my projects.

The CMSCritic award nominations are now open for 2013. PW will get my vote this year. ^-^  Last year it won the Critic's Award, let's try and get the People's Choice Award as well this year. Community - please provide your support, Now!

post-564-0-57363200-1370339913_thumb.jpg

P.S.  @CMSCRITIC (Mike) Disqus is not loading on the nominations page for some reason?

Edit: I thought this would be better placed in the News section, but I cannot start a post there!!

• Like 3