CMS Critic now powered by ProcessWire

cmscritic

@maxf5I have just removed certain remark from your earlier post as a moderation action. Also my apologies to @cmscritic – you definitely shouldn't have to see that kind of language here.

A friendly reminder from the moderating team: please keep the tone of discussion polite. Crude or discriminative remarks and insults of any kind will absolutely not be tolerated on this forum. As a community we're committed to keeping this forum a safe and welcoming place for everyone.

Think before you post.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Excuse me, i don't wanted to offend!!

And i know PW owe cmscritic pretty much. Maybe the one or another wouldn't have found to PW without it giving attention to our wonderful system in a big lake of cms.

• Thanks 2

As a side note, I would appreciate if cmscritic would have posted an update here in the forum saying a few words on going back to WP beforehands. That would preclude having a bad taste in our mouth when founding it out from somewhere else. Personally I feel very sad about this decision even though I understand the rationale behind. 

8 hours ago, teppo said:

@maxf5I have just removed certain remark from your earlier post as a moderation action. Also my apologies to @cmscritic – you definitely shouldn't have to see that kind of language here.

A friendly reminder from the moderating team: please keep the tone of discussion polite. Crude or discriminative remarks and insults of any kind will absolutely not be tolerated on this forum. As a community we're committed to keeping this forum a safe and welcoming place for everyone.

Think before you post.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

1 minute ago, tpr said:

As a side note, I would appreciate if cmscritic would have posted an update here in the forum saying a few words on going back to WP beforehands. That would preclude having a bad taste in our mouth when founding it out from somewhere else.

While I can understand being displeased that we are no longer powered by Processwire, I don't think it's reasonable to request that I update this community every time I make a change. It is my job to try out various systems repeatedly and our site has been powered by more than one CMS (pw and wp aside). Do take this nicely but the entire reason for CMS Critic is that we are not accountable to any one CMS and that is how we maintain our integrity. It's been amazing using PW for the period for which we have but we WILL switch it up and we ARE open to change. To name a few, I've run the site on WP, PW, Serendipity and Agility CMS.

Also, realize that we have been sure to promote PW heavily and continue to think it's an excellent CMS, regardless of whether we run it on our site. I think realistically, we have and continue to give back in spades.

Feel free to ask questions if you wish, I'm always willing to answer.

• Like 5

The new website looks nice @cmscritic. You have to do what is right within your budget. WordPress is great for that. It gives you a wide range of budget options and is adaptable from 50$ to 10,000$+.

There is a time and place for every CMS. I don't always use ProcessWire. Sometimes I use Statamic.