CMS Critic now powered by ProcessWire

cmscritic

27 minutes ago, Mike Rockett said:

@cmscritic - That's excellent news indeed. I've noticed that requests are taking a really long time to process, however. For example, requesting an old URL (cmscritic.com/grav/) just loads forever. As does search... Any ideas what could be causing that?

I'm of course dealing with server load issues at the moment. I'm speaking with my host now.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2016 at 10:25 AM, adrian said:

Great to hear. I have restored your listing on the sites page: http://processwire.com/about/sites/list/cms-critic/

@Jonathan Lahijani - if you want to send me the details you want entered in the Made By section, I'll update that too!

Thanks Adrian,

It would be great if we could update the screenshot as it's outdated. Thanks!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OrganizedFellow said:

If that's the performance of CMS Critic when it was running WordPress, I would like to know what's the performance like now that you are back on ProcessWire?!

WordPress: Grade D 65, 10.29 seconds load time, 3.5 MB page size, and 206 (!!) requests (URL)

ProcessWire: Grade A 93, 1.73 seconds load time, 2.5 MB page size, and 70 requests (URL)

(Using the same service and location)

Good work :)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, adrian said:

Thanks - I wasn't sure what was used (I should have looked at your previous post)  - I always use gtmetrix so just went with that.

Same, but just with Pingdom :)

It's interesting to see the subtle differences between the services, and the gradings they come up with.

1 hour ago, Craig A Rodway said:

WordPress: Grade D 65, 10.29 seconds load time, 3.5 MB page size, and 206 (!!) requests (URL)

ProcessWire: Grade A 93, 1.73 seconds load time, 2.5 MB page size, and 70 requests (URL)

(Using the same service and location)

Good work :)

Thank goodness. I almost had a heart attack when I saw a grade d. Glad to be back, so much quicker.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just visited cmscritic.com again after a while (I'm subscribed to their newsletter).

Apparently, they switched again to Wordpress (everything points to that, when opening browser inspector and seeing their HTML, the usual wp-xxx folders and file naming).

Does anybody know the reason why? @ryan Were they unhappy with PW in some sort?

oops, I kinda double-posted - didn't see a similar post from just 15 minutes ago...

Edited by dragan
right after posting this I just saw a similar question in another thread...
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, maxf5 said:

Welcome to ******* webdevelopment 2018: Buy a theme for 59$ and change the logo and a few colors
https://demo.tagdiv.com/newspaper/

Yep, makes implementing websites a hell of a lot easier. If you don't like it, that's your choice. I don't appreciate your use of the term "gay" as something terrible or wrong. My brother happens to be gay and your opinion may have had value if you hadn't showed your hand and made such an ignorant reference.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cmscritic said:

Yep, makes implementing websites a hell of a lot easier. If you don't like it, that's your choice. I don't appreciate your use of the term "gay" as something terrible or wrong. My brother happens to be gay and your opinion may have had value if you hadn't showed your hand and made such an ignorant reference.

When you 're lucky and happy with your WP blog for your needs, it's okay. This shouldn't be an offence against gay people. They were always my favorite singers (Little Richard, Rob Halford, Freddie Mercury,.. ).  I just have an antipathy for everything wp related.

• Like 1