• 2 months later...

All my hanna codes return $hanna->field as:

id => 0 name => "" label => "" flags => "" type => null

Any ideas why? The other properties ($hanna->name and $hanna->value) are fine (contents shown are from Tracy - bd($hanna))

Solved - just being a bit dim  and not realising that I need to pass the field explicitly in the API - it doesn't infer it from the context.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using PW 3.0.165, I installed Hanacode Module but error pop pup "Excuse me… Compile Error: Cannot declare class FieldtypeRepeater, because the name is already in use (line 31 of site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeRepeater/FieldtypeRepeater.module)". My web can not view anymore.

Please help me. Thank you.

Dzung

Hi,

first of all, make a backup of everything.

About the issue, it look like you have 2 modules file for the Fieldtype Repeater. One in wire/modules and another one in site/modules. Did you modified intentionally the module and made a copy of it in your site/module dir ? 

If yes, then do a Modules > Refresh then select the right Repeater module you want.

If NOT, then rename the site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeRepeater/ to site/modules/Fieldtype/.FieldtypeRepeater/ (note the dot before the module name) and do a Modules > Refresh. (it's quite strange, maybe a bad upload moment from you.)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, flydev 👊🏻 said:

it look like you have 2 modules file for the

Not to hijack this thread, but recently I experienced something like this. ProcessWire said I had two identical modules but I didn't! A couple of refreshes sorted it out, so I didn't investigate it further. 

• Like 1
On 9/1/2020 at 8:17 PM, flydev 👊🏻 said:

Hi,

first of all, make a backup of everything.

About the issue, it look like you have 2 modules file for the Fieldtype Repeater. One in wire/modules and another one in site/modules. Did you modified intentionally the module and made a copy of it in your site/module dir ? 

If yes, then do a Modules > Refresh then select the right Repeater module you want.

If NOT, then rename the site/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeRepeater/ to site/modules/Fieldtype/.FieldtypeRepeater/ (note the dot before the module name) and do a Modules > Refresh. (it's quite strange, maybe a bad upload moment from you.)

==

Hi FlyDev,

Thank you for your reply. I had just installed what PW modules have, I do not create myself.

Dzung

On 9/1/2020 at 8:34 PM, kongondo said:

Not to hijack this thread, but recently I experienced something like this. ProcessWire said I had two identical modules but I didn't! A couple of refreshes sorted it out, so I didn't investigate it further. 

Hi Kongondo,

Thank you for your reply. My web is in full error, I have no chance to refresh it.

Dzung

Hi,

I clear all tables in database, then import my backup, the site works again. Then I deleted Hanacode module in module directory, then I push Refesh in module control panel, the system error again.

I push Refresh first time "ModulesDuplicates: There appear to be multiple copies of module "PagePathHistory" on the file system. Please edit the module settings to tell ProcessWire which one to use: PagePathHistory ", The second time, the site totally down!

Dzung

Hi @Dzung,

1. What is your environment so we can try and replicate (MySQL and PHP).
  2. Are there any other errors in the error logs?

I am very curious about this. In addition, with respect to one of my commercial modules, a user has reported a duplicate entry MySQL error when they try to install the module. Not quite the same as your case, but a duplicate all the same. I am waiting to find out their server environment.

Edited by kongondo
18 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Dzung,

1. What is your environment so we can try and replicate (MySQL and PHP).
  2. Are there any other errors in the error logs?

I am very curious about this. In addition, with respect to one of my commercial modules, a user has reported a duplicate entry MySQL error when they try to install the module. Not quite the same as your case, but a duplicate all the same. I am waiting to find out their server environment.

Hi Kongodo,

1): OS: centos7 
PHP version: 7.3.10 
MySQL version: 10.1.45-MariaDB
CWP version: 0.9.8.1006 
Apache version: Apache/2.4.39

2). No, there is only FieldtypeRepeater duplicated error.

Dzung

56 minutes ago, Dzung said:

see the list of errors attached file.

This is getting weirder! 

1 hour ago, Dzung said:

Further, I tried it with Wamp on destop PC, it caused same problem,

1. Was this a fresh/completely new install? I.e. you didn't import your backup database?
  2. If you did import your backup, have you tried with a completely fresh install? Do you still get errors?
  3. I am unsure about the steps to reproduce, could you please list them? I.e., 
  • Install ProcessWire
  • No errror
  • Install Hanna Code
  • Error?

If you get no errors with a fresh database, then your database is probably corrupted. If you get errors with a fresh database/install, then I'd like to try and reproduce that.

Thanks for debugging!

On 9/4/2020 at 11:50 AM, kongondo said:

This is getting weirder! 

1. Was this a fresh/completely new install? I.e. you didn't import your backup database?
  2. If you did import your backup, have you tried with a completely fresh install? Do you still get errors?
  3. I am unsure about the steps to reproduce, could you please list them? I.e., 
  • Install ProcessWire
  • No errror
  • Install Hanna Code
  • Error?

If you get no errors with a fresh database, then your database is probably corrupted. If you get errors with a fresh database/install, then I'd like to try and reproduce that.

Thanks for debugging!

Hi @kongondo,

Many thanks for your efforts. My database had problems. I create brand new all, everything works fine!

Dzung

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi apologies if I have missed this previously.

Can hannacode work from the api?

Specifically I am trying to render email body templates from pages via a cli script, and need access to the page data.

Thanks @kongondo I saw that... when I try that from a script that is bootstrapping processwire the $page variable is not available in the Hanna code snippet.

Eg when visiting "test.php" in site root in the browser the below setup results in "Title: 404 not found', the $page variable populated to the Hanna snippet appears to be the 404 resulting from visiting test.php.

"body" field content on page /path/to/page/

[[title]]

/site/assets/cache/HannaCode/title.php

<?php

$title = $page->title;

echo "Title: $title";

/test.php

<?php

include "./index.php";

$hanna = wire("modules")->get('TextformatterHannaCode');
$p = wire("pages")->get("/path/to/page/");

echo $hanna->render($p->body);

29 minutes ago, Mikie said:

when I try that from a script that is bootstrapping processwire the $page variable is not available in the Hanna code snippet.

Possibly due to this?

The $page API variable available to your Hanna code represents the page where the Hanna code exists. It is possible for this to be different from wire('page'), which represents the page that originated the request.

7 hours ago, kongondo said:

The $page API variable available to your Hanna code represents the page where the Hanna code exists. It is possible for this to be different from wire('page'), which represents the page that originated the request.

That is actually part of what confused me. What that says is the opposite of my experience as outlined above, ie $page in the Hanna Code snippet wasn't scoped to the page with the hanna code.

40 minutes ago, Mikie said:

$page in the Hanna Code snippet wasn't scoped to the page with the hanna code.

And actually, maybe it shouldn't be possible:

You can access all of the same API variables that you can from a template, except that there is no default $page variable accessible from the API since ProcessWire is not handling the web request. Of course, you are welcome to retrieve any page you want from the $pages API variable. Likewise you can modify, save, and delete pages as usual.

https://processwire.com/docs/front-end/include/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FireWire
      Hello community!

I want to share a new module I've been working on that I think could be a big boost for multi-language ProcessWire sites.

Some background, I was looking for a way for our company website to be efficiently translated as working with human translators was pretty laborious and a lack of updating content created a divergence between languages. I, and several other devs here, have talked about translation integrations and have recognized the power that DeepL has. DeepL is an AI deep learning powered service that delivers translation quality beyond any automated service available. After access to the API was opened up to the US, I built Fluency, a DeepL translation integration for ProcessWire.
      Fluency brings automated translation to every multi-language field in the admin, and also provides a translation tool allowing the user to translate their text to any language without it being inside a template's field. With Fluency you can:
      Translate any plain textarea or text input Translate any CKEditor content (yes, with markup) Translate page names for fully localized URLs on every page Translate your in-template translation function wrapped strings Translate modules Fluency is free, and now so is DeepL
      Since this module was first built DeepL has introduced free Developer accounts that allow anyone to start using Fluency at zero cost and beginning with the version 0.3.0 release Fluency now supports free DeepL accounts. As of June 2021 DeepL supports translation to 26 languages and continues to offer more!
      Installation and usage is completely plug and play. Whether you're building a new multi-language site, need to update a site to multi-language, or simply want to stop manually translating a site and make any language a one-click deal, it could not be easier to do it. Fluency works by having you match the languages configured in ProcessWIre to DeepL's. You can have your site translating to any or all of the languages DeepL translates to in minutes (quite literally).
      Let's break out the screenshots...
      When the default language tab is shown, a message is displayed to let users know that translation is available. Clicking on each tab shows a link that says "Translate from English". Clicking it shows an animated overlay with the word "Translating..." cycling through each language and a light gradient shift. Have a CKEditor field? All good. Fluency will translated it and use DeepL's ability to translate text within HTML tags. CKEditor fields can be translated as easily and accurately as text/textarea fields.

Repeaters and AJAX created fields also have translation enabled thanks to a JavaScript MutationObserver that searches for multi-language fields and adds translation as they're inserted into the DOM. If there's a multi-language field on the page, it will have translation added.

Same goes for image description fields. Multi-language SEO friendly images are good to go.

Creating a new page from one of your templates? Translate your title, and also translate your page name for native language URLs. (Not available for Russian, Chinese, or Japanese languages due to URL limitations). These can be changed in the "Settings" tab for any page as well so whether you're translating new pages or existing pages, you control the URLs everywhere.

Language configuration pages are no different. Translate the names of your languages and search for both Site Translation Files (including all of your modules)

Translate all of the static text in your templates as well. Notice that the placeholders are retained. DeepL is pretty good at recognizing and keeping non-translatable strings like that. If it is changed, it's easy to fix manually.

Fluency adds a "Translate" item to the CMS header. When clicked this opens up a modal with a full translation tool that lets the user translate any language to any language. No need to leave the admin if you need to translate content from a secondary language back to the default ProcessWire language. There is also a button to get the current API usage statistics. DeepL account owners can set billing limitations via character count to control costs. This may help larger sites or sites being retrofitted keep an eye on their usage. Fluency can be used by users having roles given the fluency-translate permission.

It couldn't be easier to add Fluency to your new or existing website. Simply add your API key and you're shown what languages are currently available for translation from/to as provided by DeepL. This list and all configuration options are taken live from the API so when DeepL releases new languages you can add them to your site without any work. No module updates, just an easy configuration. Just match the language you configured in ProcessWire to the DeepL language you want it to be associated with and you're done. Fluency also allows you to create a list of words/phrases that will not be translated which can prevent items such as brands and company names from being translated when they shouldn't

Limitations:
      No "translate page" - Translating multiple fields can be done by clicking multiple translation links on multiple fields at once but engineering a "one click page translate" is not feasible from a user experience standpoint. The time it takes to translate one field can be a second or two, but cumulatively that may take much longer (CKEditor fields are slower than plain text fields). There may be a workaround in the future but it isn't currently on the roadmap. No "translate site" - Same thing goes for translating an entire website at once. It would be great, but it would be a very intense process and take a very (very) long time. There may be a workaround in the future but it isn't on the roadmap. No current support for Inline CKEditor fields - Handling for CKEditor on-demand hasn't been implemented yet, this is planned for a future release though and can be done. I just forgot about it because I've never really used that feature personally.. Alpha release - This module is in alpha. Releases should be stable and usable, but there may be edge case issues. Test the module thoroughly and please report any bugs via a Github issue on the repository or respond here. Please note that the browser plugin for Grammarly conflicts with Fluency (as it does with many web applications). To address this issue it is recommended that you disable Grammarly when using Fluency, or open the admin to edit pages in a private window where Grammarly may not be loaded. This is an issue that may not have a resolution as creating a workaround may not be possible. If you have insight as to how this may be solved please visit the Github page and file a bugfix ticket.
      Requirements:
      ProcessWire  3.0+ UIKit Admin Theme That's Fluency in a nutshell. A core effort in this module is to create it so that there is nothing DeepL related hard-coded in that would require updating it when DeepL offers new languages. I would like this to be a future-friendly module that doesn't require developer work to keep it up-to-date.
      The Module Is Free
      This is my first real module and I want to give it back to the community as thanks. This is the best CMS I've worked with (thank you Ryan & contributors) and a great community (thank you dear reader).
      DeepL Developer Accounts
      In addition to paid Pro Developer accounts, DeepL now offers no-cost free accounts. Now all ProcessWire developers and users can use Fluency at no cost.
      Learn more about free and paid accounts by visiting the DeepL website. Sign up for a Developer account, get an API key, and start using Fluency today.
      Download & Feedback
      Download the latest version here
      https://github.com/SkyLundy/Fluency-Translation/archive/main.zip
      Github repository:
      https://github.com/SkyLundy/Fluency-Translation
      File issues and feature requests here (your feedback and testing is greatly appreciated):
      https://github.com/SkyLundy/Fluency-Translation/issues

Thank you! ¡Gracias! Ich danke Ihnen! Merci! Obrigado! Grazie! Dank u wel! Dziękuję! Спасибо! ありがとうございます! 谢谢你!

• By monollonom
      (once again I was surprised to see a work of mine pop up in the newsletter, this time without even listing the module on PW modules website 😅. Thx @teppo !)
      Github: https://github.com/romaincazier/FieldtypeQRCode
      Modules directory: https://processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-qrcode/
      This is a simple module I made so a client could quickly grab a QR Code of the page's url in the admin.
      There's not much to it for now, but if need be you can output anything using a hook:
      $wire->addHookAfter("FieldtypeQRCode::getQRText", function($event) { $event->return = "Your custom text"; }) You can also output the QR code on your front-end by calling the field:
      echo $page->qr_code_field; The module uses the PHP library QR Code Generator by Kazuhiko Arase. When looking for a way to generate a QR Code in PW I came across @ryan's integration in his TFA module. I'm not very familiar with fieldtype/inputfield module development so I blindly followed @bernhard (great) tutorial and his BaseFieldtypeRuntime. At some point I'll take a deeper look to make a module on my own.
      Some ideas for improvements :
      add the ability to choose what to ouput : page's url / editUrl / file(s) / image(s) / ... allow to output multiple QR codes ?
    • By Chris Bennett
      https://github.com/chrisbennett-Bene/AdminThemeTweaker
      Inspired by @bernhard's excellent work on the new customisable LESS CSS getting rolled into the core soon, I thought I would offer up the module for beta testing, if it is of interest to anyone.

It takes a different approach to admin styling, basically using the Cascade part of CSS to over-ride default UiKit values.
      Values are stored in ModuleConfig Module creates a separate AdminThemeTweaker Folder at root, so it can link to AdminThemeTweaker.php as CSS AdminThemeTweaker.php reads the module values, constructs the CSS variables then includes the CSS framework Can be switched on and off with a click. Uninstall removes everything, thanks to bernhard's wonderful remove dir & contents function.
      It won't touch your core. It won't care if stuff is upgraded. You won't need to compile anything and you don't need to touch CSS unless you want to.

It won't do much at all apart from read some values from your module config, work out the right CSS variables to use (auto contrast based on selected backgrounds) and throw it on your screen.
      You can configure a lot of stuff, leave it as it comes (dark and curvy), change two main colors (background and content background) or delve deep to configure custom margins, height of mastheads, and all manner of silly stuff I never use.

Have been developing it for somewhere around 2 years now. It has been (and will continue to be) constantly tweaked over that time, as I click on something and find something else to do.
      That said, it is pretty solid and has been in constant use as my sole Admin styling option for all of those 2 years.

If nothing else, it would be great if it can provide any assistance to @bernhard or other contributor's who may be looking to solve some of the quirkier UiKit behavior.
      Has (in my opinion) more robust and predictable handling of hidden Inputfields, data-colwidths and showIf wrappers.
      I am very keen to help out with that stuff in any way I can, though LESS (and any css frameworks/tools basically) are not my go.
      I love CSS variables and banging-rocks-together, no-dependency CSS you can write with notepad.

• By opalepatrick
      I see old posts saying that repeaters are not the way to go in Custom Process Modules. If that is the case, when using forms (as I am trying to do) how would one tackle things like repeat contact fields where there can be multiple requirements for contact details with different parameters? (Like point of contact, director, etc) or even telephone numbers that have different uses?
      Just for background I am creating a process module that allows me to create types of financial applications in the admin area (no need to publish any of this, pure admin) that require a lot of personal or company information.
      Maybe I am thinking about this incorrectly?
    • By HMCB
      I ran across a reference to IftRunner module. The post was 6 years ago. I cant find it in available modules. Has it been pulled?