Hanna Code

ryan

For efficiency reasons, Textformatter modules run from a single instance, so I'm guessing this is a side effect of that. I'll look into options for how we might get around the issue the next time I'm making updates to it. But assuming that 'body' is a rich text field and Hanna Code is the only Textformatter you had on it, you could probably get the unformatted version of it from your Hanna code and use that instead, to avoid triggering the circular reference (or whatever it's called). 

echo $child->getUnformatted('body'); 
  • Like 1

right - should have thought of that, getUnformatted..  for now i just went with the template approach;

I was trying out ways to do more in the admin and less in the template code, as a means to eventually give the clients more flexibility;

Realy nice this module.

I noticed when using the "Hanna Code Text Formatter" to output a field that has also "Hanna Code Text Formatter" you need to set Output Filtering to false at some point.

In my example i wanted to output the page title of multiple pages, while the page title itself also had the "Hanna Code Text Formatter" attached. Then it would show only the last title.

Edit: i just see that this is kinda what Ryan mentioned 2 posts before.

echo $child->getUnformatted('body'); 

The following works also, thats what i am using, but i suppose its the "same same, but different":

$child->of(false);
echo $child->body; 
  • Like 1

How can you pass parameters to a selector in Hanna Code; for some reason i can't get it to work;

i have an attribute called "range" and then my hanna tag looks like this:

[[works range=<2000]]

which means my $range variable is <2000

the $workrange variable is then work_year<2000,

but the code doesn't work...

$workrange = "";
if($range) {$workrange = " work_year{$range}, "; }

$works = $pages->find("template=work,$workrange sort=-work_year");

$out = '<ul>';

foreach($works as $work) {
    $out .= "<li>{$work->title}- {$work->work_year}</li>"; 
}

$out .= '</ul>';

echo $out;

the selector works if i put the work_year<2000 directly in the code, it just doesn't work with hanna code.

it also works if I use an = sign not a > or <.... so i get results if i put in range==2000 to the tag, which makes the $range var be "=2000"

right thanks as always kongondo...  it's not a huge rush, i was just wondering if anyone else had done hanna codes with comparison operators, and if there were some examples i could look at to determine if I'm doing something wrong... i also think it will be good to eventually have a repository of hanna code examples; 

hanna codes are going to be really essential to this one site i'm working on, in order to let the editors place tags for redundant info, such as telephone # etc...

• Like 1

i was just wondering if anyone else had done hanna codes with comparison operators, 

I'm not sure I understand the question? The only thing I can think of you might be talking about is using comparison operators where you pass attributes to the Hanna code? The thing is, attributes are no different from HTML attributes (key=value)... they are assignments, not comparisons. So I'm confused about the question. 

@Macrura: first of all, if you've enabled HTML Entity Encoder, make sure it comes in after, not before, Hanna Code textformatter. The code snippet you posted earlier works just fine for me, so I'm guessing something else is wrong.. most likely another textformatter messing with markup before it gets sent to Hanna Code.

If that doesn't solve your problem, try debugging your snippet, ie. what's the actual attribute value in there.

• Like 2

@teppo - thanks, i finally got it to work, i had to decode the > and < signs, that's what i was wondering about with hanna code and why i originally was asking about using comparison operators like > and <, since in the editor they get encoded and that's why the selectors were not working...

i just had to add this line and it works now:

if($range) $range = html_entity_decode($range);
  • Like 1

I think I have discovered a bug with images.

When using the save+test feature, i get errors with image field.

THe image field is a single image field and I write:

$page->image->size(0,50)->url

TemplateFile: Method Pageimages::size does not exist or is not callable in this context

So no matter what image field max files is set to it's always threated as array. But on front-end the code works, just not in the preview/test.

I have to write 

$page->image->first()->size(0,50)->url

to make it work in the admin preview, but then the code doesn't work anymore on front-end.

Ace editor:

I already got this with the ace editor fieldtype from adam, the code has tabs added at the end of the text. Sometimes it grows and grows after saving the code...

When using the save+test feature, i get errors with image field.

Soma, it sounds like output formatting is disabled in test mode. Can you try the attached to see if that fixes it?

TextformatterHannaCode.module

I already got this with the ace editor fieldtype from adam, the code has tabs added at the end of the text. Sometimes it grows and grows after saving the code...

Do you know if this is an issue with AceEditor, or something about the way I've implemented it? I only ask since you mentioned Adam's inputfield had the same issue. 

div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Times;font-size:medium;">Strange inability to migrate Hanna between two hosts

I have a local dev site that I copied to a remote dev site. All good (copy of files, export and import of DB).

Then on the remote dev site I added Hanna module, all good.

Now I have just re-sync'd the files back from the remote site to local (and sure enough the Module files for Hanna came down) and exported the remote db and imported it locally. All good, PW works AOK. Except however, the local system seems to only partially know it is meant to have Hanna.

If I look under Admin > Modules it's not listed, but there is a menu item for Setup > Hanna and I can visit it and PW admin says "This page has no Process assigned".

To date with all sites I have always used Navicat.app to simply Backup/Import in whichever direction I needed a db to be copied and all good. I will try actually deleting the local database, making a new empty one and then importing to that (in case it's something weird there) and report back in this thread. Did that and it made no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Update 2013-10-01-0822 EST: I took a snapshot of the site and db (in case) and then went ahead and used Modules Manager to install Hanna (even tho it was already sorta installed). The 'install' occurred without a hitch, as if Hanna was not there, and the codes that had been plain text on the site immediately changed to their correct output.

Still puzzled and slightly concerned by this, hope reporting it is of some help if at some point it's debugged/explained. Update: I think based on what I suspect and Ryan's comment (below) it must have been a bad FTP, even tho I tried hard to rule that out (below x 2). Happy bunny ^_^
Edited by alanfluff

It doesn't sound like a DB migration issue, it really sounds like a file migration issue. My best guess is either: 1) File permissions on your Hanna code modules rendered it unreadable to your web server; or 2) that you had Hanna code installed as a symlink on your source server, and the symlink didn't migrate or didn't match up on the target server. That would explain why you'd have a Hanna Code Setup menu item and DB entries, but no ability to run it. Installing through Modules manager would have fixed it since it knows to install the files into the right place with the right permissions, etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks very much for that analysis Ryan. It's good to read you think it's 'files' not 'database' and reading your comment I think that too.

I used Transmit.app and hopefully but perhaps not coincidentally it had crashed occasionally. On this occasion I was very careful to check it really thought the two sites were fully in sync but I am not confident that that test necessarily checks permissions etc and so perhaps it was an initial bad sync from my FTP that then got overlooked on subsequent check-sync runs.

Long story short, confidence still at 100% in PW and robustness (the most polished product of it's type I've used) and I'm off to look at alternatives to Transmit (tho there is much I like about it). Cheers!

• Like 1

I used to use Transmit and honestly never had the syncing working quite right with it. Though this was years ago, and Transmit is pretty much the most popular FTP app in OS X. I would be surprised if it were still buggy in that respect. I personally use Yummy FTP now, but I generally try to avoid using any FTP for transferring files unless it's the only option. I have a strong preference for rsync. 

• Like 1

On a completely other topic I was looking at rsync for webserver backup and as I was new to it the initial intro read was exciting as it looked like such a robust technology.

So I'm very interested to see you use rsync over FTP SFTP etc and I've seen only good comments so far re arRsync (rsync for command line weaklings).

Off to go have a play, thanks for the tip Ryan!

• Like 1

Strangely, i too have developed a great fondness for rsync as "it just bloody works !!" :rolleyes:

Have downloaded that app you linked to @alanfluff and will have a play. Perhaps its a good baby step towards learning how to use all those rsync options in the man pages? Shall see...

Speaking of which, I found this to be a really great and accessible link / reference to all the unix commands on a Mac: http://ss64.com/osx/

• Like 1

having trouble with this, for some reason the hanna code is not working with atttributes like this [[accordion title=Some Title]]

this one has an attribute called 'link'.

all it outputs is "Some

but i don't get why my variable is not being fully passed to HC, i'm following the instructions from the ReadMe

<?php 
echo "<div class='trigger'>
	  <a href='#'>";
echo $link;
echo "</a>
      </div>
	  <div class='hide'>
	  ";
!HannaCode:accordion:eyJuYW1lIjoiYWNjb3JkaW9uIiwidHlwZSI6IjIiLCJjb2RlIjoiXC8qaGNfYXR0clxubGluaz1cIlNvbWUgVGV4dFwiXG5oY19hdHRyKlwvXG48P3BocCBcclxuZWNobyBcIjxkaXYgY2xhc3M9J3RyaWdnZXInPlxyXG5cdCAgPGEgaHJlZj0nIyc+XCI7XHJcbmVjaG8gJGxpbms7XHJcbmVjaG8gXCI8XC9hPlxyXG4gICAgICA8XC9kaXY+XHJcblx0ICA8ZGl2IGNsYXNzPSdoaWRlJz5cclxuXHQgIFwiOyJ9/!HannaCode

@Macrura: are you using Hanna Code in a CKEditor field?

I recently debugged similar issue and eventually found out that it was caused by CKEditor encoding " to " (default behavior) before Hanna Code had a chance to grab it. Similar issues could be caused by other editors, textformatters placed before Hanna Code etc.

yes - i'm using CK editor (and your hanna code helper...thanks for that!!!).;

so what would be the fix for this, is there a way to prevent CK editor from encoding automatically? 

this issue also relates to my posts a few up about php comparison operators like < and >; the reason those hanna codes were not working was from the same editor problem;

being that this is really a major issue for Hanna Code, i think this should be addressed, or at least some instructions or disclaimer in the readme file, as i have spent several hours trying to figure out a fix/workaround for this..

so i added this to the config.js:

config.entities = false;

not sure if this will have any impact on other areas, but it at least fixed this issue.