ryan

Hanna Code

Thank you, Robin S.

It's so easy to make CKEditor get worried. Your trick prevents the warning message, so it looks less worrying to me...

A other solution to Hannacode in this case yould be working with a Textformatter....

If you in concern of usability you could let your user just put in the mp3 file in CKEEditor and let the Textformatter search for it (href regex for *.mp3*) and replace it with the player. So zero worrying about include audio files.

You could take a look at the Youtube Textformatter from Ryan:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/TextformatterVideoEmbed/blob/master/TextformatterVideoEmbed.module

...just as an additional option.

regards mr-fan

Thanks mr-fan - that seems to be a nice idea! I for sure will take a nearer look into it - after my actual problems hopefully will be solved... (I've got a similar Hanna Code to display a Video, using the jQuery plugin VideoJS - which mostly works well, but not on some mobile devices, e.g. on WinPhone 8 or iPhone...)

Hi all

i've used Hannacode to include a php page with a form. The "action" of this form is to another page that have another php file include. Last php file get post var and print the result. The problem is that when i submit the form 8/10 the new page loading but site freeze. If i reload the page (and re-submit the form) it works. I don't know if it depends to hannacode or processwire.  I have another site on same server written in pure php but i never have this type of problem.

Thank in advance.

Below the result page php code:

Hannacode

<?php
    include (wire('config')->paths->templates.'_form-application-result.php');
?>

_form-application-result.php

<?php
	foreach ($input->post as $k=>$v) {

if ($v != '' && $k != 'g-recaptcha-response') {
        $session->set($k,trim($v));
  ?>

<div class="row">
            <div class="col-sm-3"><?= ucwords(str_replace('_',' ',$k)) ?></div>
            <div class="col-sm-9"><?= strtoupper($v) ?></div>
        </div>

<?
      }

}

It's harder to edit files inside Ace editor where you can't get proper debugging, type hinting, autocomplete etc. So what I propose is a way to hook into the module. Then we could:

<?php 
// filtered hook for some specific Hanna code
wire()->addHook('TextformatterHannaCode::getPHP(name="random-post")', function(HookEvent $e) {
  // the arguments specified by the user, inside an associated array
  $args = $e->arguments(0);
  // build markup, 
  // since $vars parameter is an array 
  // we can pass it directly as variables for the template
  $e->return = wireRenderFile('template/file', $vars);
  $e->replace = true;
});

and then inside a php file, you perform your checks, build your markup with given parameters, and return it. Making this function hookable is quite easy, this is enough

<?php 
public function getPHP($name, $code, array $attrs) {}
// would become
public function ___getPHP($name, $code, array $attrs) {}
// just prefixing alone probably woudn't allow filtering hooks though.

1 hour ago, abdus said:

It's harder to edit files inside Ace editor where you can't get proper debugging, type hinting, autocomplete etc.

Actually AceEditor does support this stuff pretty well - I use it in Tracy's Console and Template Editor panels. Perhaps someone could put together a PR for the Hanna code module to add these?

1 hour ago, abdus said:

It's harder to edit files inside Ace editor where you can't get proper debugging, type hinting, autocomplete etc. So what I propose is a way to hook into the module.

I also dislike editing code outside of my IDE. The workaround currently is pretty simple - just set this for all your PHP Hanna codes:

include($config->paths->templates . 'hannas/' . $hanna->name . '.php');

But I'm in favour of anything that would make it even easier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adrian said:

Perhaps someone could put together a PR for the Hanna code module to add these?

I made a PR for it.

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessHannaCode/pull/19

Changes include:

• Updating module to ProcessWire namespace. This requires standard library classes be prefixed with \ (PDO -> \PDO etc.)
  • Changing internal references inside ProcessHannaCode for TextFormatterHannaCode to use the module instance in $this->hanna instead.
  • Changing getPHPgetJS, and adding getText method for hooking.

This allows hooking into TextformatterHannaCode::getPHP, TextformatterHannaCode::getJS and TextformatterHannaCode::getText. Inside these hooks you check for the hanna code name, then do as you wish, like so

wire()->addHookBefore('TextformatterHannaCode::getPHP', function (HookEvent $e) {
    if($e->arguments(0) === 'refer') {
        $e->replace = true;
        $args = $e->arguments(2);
        // $e->return = wireRenderFile('refer', $args);
        $e->return = 'rendered template output';
    }
});

• Like 1

Hmm, one surprising advantage would be addition of shortcodes like in Wordpress. Modules can require, (install if necessary), then hook into Hanna Code and define their own shortcodes to be used in fields. One example would be

<?php
class EmbedShortcodes extends Wire implements Module
{
    public static function getModuleInfo()
    {
        return [
            'title' => 'Shortcodes',
            'version' => '0.0.1',
            'author' => 'abdus',
            'summary' => 'Adds `embed` shortcode',
            'href' => 'https://abdus.co',
            'autoload' => true, // set to true if module should auto-load at boot
            'requires' => [
                'TextformatterHannaCode',
            ],
            'installs' => ['TextformatterHannaCode'],
        ];
    }

public function ready() {
        $this->addHook('TextformatterHannaCode::getPHP', $this, 'renderEmbed');
    }

protected function renderEmbed(HookEvent $e) {
        if($e->arguments(0) === 'embed') {
            $e->replace = true;
            $e->return = '<div>embedded output</div>';
        }
    }
}

This works fine for predefined hanna codes, but, for arbitrary shortcodes, it requires a change in the logic of the module where it fetches available hanna codes from database here

<?php
protected function getReplacement($name, array $attrs, &$consume) {

$database = $this->wire('database');

$sql = 'SELECT `id`, `type`, `code` FROM hanna_code WHERE `name`=:name';
    $query = $database->prepare($sql);
    bd($name, 'before');
    $query->bindValue(':name', $name, \PDO::PARAM_STR);
    $query->execute();
    if(!$query->rowCount()) return false;
    // here if it cannot find the hanna code it does nothing.

// rest of the function
}

It should be refactored instead into ___getReplacement(), which allows defining access to hanna codes outside the DB.

Once done, we can just [[embed url=youtube.com/asdfgh]] to embed a video etc.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion but it'd be really useful if there was

1. a Description field available when creating a HannaCode. I like to keep my HC names short and choppy and a description would greatly help users later on establishing what the HC is for or does
  2. a Description column on the HannaCode overview page too pulling in above Description

It would also be great to be able to see a list of pages where HCs are used within RTEs or templates but that (for me) isn't such a biggie.

• Like 2

Hi,

I've just installed the Hanna Code module. I wanted to try it out first with something simple - using something like [[title]] to easily insert the current page's title in a textarea.

However, when I try to add a new Hanna Code, if I choose the PHP option, I get a 403 error whenever I hit save.

Could there be a permission I need to change somewhere? Please help!

Thanks,

Margaret

PS. I'm running PW 3.0.62

EDIT: Never mind, it's now working.

I'm not entirely sure how, but I got it to work.

For the benefit of any other newcomers who might experience a similar issue in the future...

First I created a Text/HTML Hanna Code called figurename and just made it output <strong>Boo!</strong>. It let me save it and it worked on my page.

I then edited that code by changing it to PHP - it let me save. I then changed the code to echo $page->title and it let me save again. It now works! :)

I did notice when I initially tried to set up the PHP one it included the opening php tag in the code window, but when I changed the Text one to be PHP that opening tag was omitted. I did a test by adding it back in and once again got the 403 error when I tried to save.

Maybe it's something different in 3.0+, but evidently you can no longer include <?php, even though in the Hanna Code usage notes it says "you may use them when/if necessary".

@Margie, it's likely that the error you're seeing is due to interference by the mod_security Apache module. Ask your host to disable mod_security and it should resolve your issue.

• Like 2

Has anyone a script to get all specific pages that uses a special hanna code...

give me me all pages with [[my-hanna-code]] in use?

regards mr-fan

5 hours ago, mr-fan said:

Has anyone a script to get all specific pages that uses a special hanna code...

give me me all pages with [[my-hanna-code]] in use?

You can search for the text string that makes up the start of the tag (to allow for varying attributes).

// Get fields with TextformatterHannaCode applied
$hanna_fields = array();
foreach($fields as $field) if(is_array($field->textformatters) && in_array('TextformatterHannaCode', $field->textformatters)) $hanna_fields[] = $field->name;
// Implode for use in selector string
$hanna_fields = implode('|', $hanna_fields);
// Find pages with a given Hanna tag
$has_hanna = $pages->find("$hanna_fields*=[[your_tag");

• Like 2

Thank you Robin - will try asap!
[ot]At the moment i'm a little but lethal snuffy...and could not think clearly (i think it is deadly man-flu). So don't think i'm to lazy to search a solution...i'm not...i've read your code and it was clear for me that my question was silly...i'm just standing a little beside me but i think that the peak of my desease is done. :lol:[/ot]

Best regards mr-fan

• Like 1

I'm using Hanna code to embed content from different pages on a site. What I would need is a way to get the created and modified date of the page that has been embedded. I need to use/show these dates in the front-end of the page that has the embedded content. Is there some elegant way I could get this information?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, nikoka said:

I'm using Hanna code to embed content from different pages on a site. What I would need is a way to get the created and modified date of the page that has been embedded. I need to use/show these dates in the front-end of the page that has the embedded content. Is there some elegant way I could get this information?

I always get confused about this. Try accessing it using wire('page') and see if that helps.

The $page API variable available to your Hanna code represents the page where the Hanna code exists.It is possible for this to be different from wire('page'), which represents the page that originated the request.

From the PHP Usage notes section on here

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-hanna-code/

Edited by kongondo

Thanks @kongondo, I was a bit unclear, I have a page (let's call it page A) with and embedded page (let's call it page B). I need to show the modified/created dates of page B on page A. But how do I get this information from the embedded page B to the "wrapper" page A?   

7 hours ago, nikoka said:

Thanks @kongondo, I was a bit unclear, I have a page (let's call it page A) with and embedded page (let's call it page B). I need to show the modified/created dates of page B on page A. But how do I get this information from the embedded page B to the "wrapper" page A?   

What does your hanna code look like? 

10 hours ago, kongondo said:

What does your hanna code look like? 

The tag I use for adding embedded page content is: [[single-source url=""]] For the url I add the page ID and the content is then shown. There's a bunch of other things happening, but the essence of the hanna code for getting the embedded page content goes like this: 

$return = $attr["url"];
$id = (int) $return;
$embeddedPage = $pages->get($id);
echo $embeddedPage->body;

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nikoka said:

The tag I use for adding embedded page content is: [[single-source url=""]] For the url I add the page ID and the content is then shown. There's a bunch of other things happening, but the essence of the hanna code for getting the embedded page content goes like this: 

$return = $attr["url"];
$id = (int) $return;

I must be missing something then. Do you:

1. Want to grab $embeddedPage and use it later on in your page or
  2. Want to echo $embeddedPage properies (body, created, etc) right within your Hanna Code?

If #2, you are already doing it by echo $embeddedPage->body. E.g., the following works correctly for me (code in the Hanna Code itself)

$return = $attr["url"];
$id = (int) $return;
$modified = $embeddedPage->modified;
echo date("l jS \of F Y h:i:s A", $modified);

I have this Hanna Code Tag in Page A, where 1049 is the ID of Page B.

[[test url=1049]]

That outputs Page B's modified date.

But this seems too easy. I have a feeling I'm still not getting you.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kongondo said:

I must be missing something then. Do you:

1. Want to grab $embeddedPage and use it later on in your page or
  2. Want to echo $embeddedPage properies (body, created, etc) right within your Hanna Code?

If #2, you are already doing it by echo $embeddedPage->body. E.g., the following works correctly for me (code in the Hanna Code itself)

$return = $attr["url"];
$id = (int) $return;
$modified = $embeddedPage->modified;
echo date("l jS \of F Y h:i:s A", $modified);

I have this Hanna Code Tag in Page A, where 1049 is the ID of Page B.

[[test url=1049]]

That outputs Page B's modified date.

But this seems too easy. I have a feeling I'm still not getting you.

Thanks for sticking with me @kongondo :) Number 1 is what I want to do. I need to use the modified/created dates of Page B to compare to the modified/created dates of Page A and insert some badges on Page A according to which of these pages have been updated more recently.