Hanna Code

ryan

One thing I noticed, I think there should be a space after "echo". Also I'm personally not keen on multiline strings. I don't trust them to work. I've also added a test for how much teams are really found, which is what I would check first. If there are multiple teams found, but only one is displayed you can say for sure somethings wrong with your snippet.

<?php
$teams = $pages->find("template=team_member,limit=10");
// Just for debug purposes
echo "It's ".count($teams)." teams.";
$out = "";
foreach ($teams as $team) {
  $out .= "<div class=\"team-wrapper\">";
  $out .= "<h2>{$team->title}</h2>";
  $out .= "<h3>{$team->team_role}</h3>";
  $out .= $team->body;
  $out .= "</div>";
}
echo $out;
?>

That correctly displays within HannaCode itself (Save and Test) and counts 9 teams.

Once the HC tag is added to the Body field, I get a single team biography. No name or job role either.

One thing I noticed, I think there should be a space after "echo". Also I'm personally not keen on multiline strings. I don't trust them to work. I've also added a test for how much teams are really found, which is what I would check first. If there are multiple teams found, but only one is displayed you can say for sure somethings wrong with your snippet.

$out = "";
foreach ($teams as $team) {
  $out .= 
?>

I've seen this on peoples code samples before and always wondered why they were using this. Thanks for the tip :)

So it seems the culpit is somewhere in the foreach loop, which is not what I expected :) Did you try the ultra failsave of using concatination instead of curly braces and single quotes for the class? I really don't see an error, but just to try it. Maybe var_dump $teams / $team inside of the loop, so check if something is messing with them.

If {team->body} has hanna code formatter enabled, then it will not work as Hanna Code 1.9 does not support recursive Hanna code processing. Refer to my earlier post.

Remove the {$team->body} statement from your code snippet and check the result whether it then outputs all 9 members. Once you see that working, try using the patched version of Hanna Code I submitted on Github.

• Like 4

I've a feature request. As I can assign users of ProcessWire the right to view/list hanna codes it would be nice to be able to incorporate a description field, where I can add small explanations for each code. This way the list/view permission would be more useful on it's own. 

This could maybe later be incorporated in something like a small dropdown underneath hanna code textfields.

post-874-0-27543700-1423327850_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

If {team->body} has hanna code formatter enabled, then it will not work as Hanna Code 1.9 does not support recursive Hanna code processing. Refer to my earlier post.

Remove the {$team->body} statement from your code snippet and check the result whether it then outputs all 9 members. Once you see that working, try using the patched version of Hanna Code I submitted on Github.

Hey hwmaler

That works so I can confirm it's an issue with recursive Body fields.

That works so I can confirm it's an issue with recursive Body fields.

Peter,

Thanks for testing and confirming the fix. I will add your confirmation to the Github issue list notes and hopefully this fix is adopted at some stage by Ryan into the main release.

Henrik

• 2 weeks later...

I use PHP-based Hanna Code snippets for embedding certain fields from certain pages on other pages. Now I stumbled upon the fact that you cannot render fields within a Hanna Code when the Hanna Code Textformatter is applied to that field. The result is a broken output where only a small part of the page is being rendered.

How can I achieve those "recursive Hanna Codes"?

kmkmUQY.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

if I write the following code in one of my template files:

$result = $db->query("SELECT id, name FROM pages");
while($row = $result->fetch_array()) print_r($row); 

It works and prints a list of all my pages.

If I write the same code in a "php hanna code", I get no result from the query.
Is there any reason, that $db is not working in hanna codes?

thanx for your help 
/thomas

I took your code and created a php Hanna Code from it.  I created a template (clone of basic-page) and renamed it "test1".  The body field has the hanna code text formatter assigned to it.  Here is a sample of the output:

post-756-0-50646200-1427108827_thumb.png

The code is working or is there something else you actually meant?

• Like 1

Thank you cstenvsjr,

that was the output I want to see.
Now that I saw that it was no hanna problem, I found the solution. There was a little include(..) before the posted lines that was responsible for the error.

you made my day
/thomas

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to use this simple hanna code in a CKEditor field (using PW 2.6.1):

<?php
	echo "<ul>";
	foreach ($pages->get('/contact-us/')->children as $offices) {
		echo "<li><h2>{$offices->title}</h2>{$offices->body}</li>";
	}
	echo "</ul>";

The 'contact-us' page has 4 child pages with the office info. If I add the above code to my template it works fine but if I add the HC to my body field it strips most of the content from that body field out. The only textformatter I have on that body field is the HC one. The 'Save & Test' shows the results fine so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

edit: for some reason if I remove the '$offices->body' from my echo it works.

edit 2: just read the previous pages and realise now it's a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks if I missed this in the docs and threads.., but is there a way to get a regular PW template to o/p a Hanna, sort of like a Hanna being an include?

$out .= "<div id='clientCard'>";
	$out .= "<h2>Client card</h2>";
	$out .= wire('modules')->get('[[client_card_intro]]');
$out .= "</div>";

I am trying to see if I can do this so I can build a DRY (don't repeat yourself) collection of items that I can use either in the Admin in a rich text field via the usual [[the_name_of_the_hanna]] or from the API in a template via a correct version of the code above.

Thanks for any comments, cheers, -Alan

Edit:

It looks as if Ryan recommends this is not done (if I read this right) for reasons of security.

Edited by alan

yup, just include the path to the php file in your hanna code;

<?php

include($config->paths->templates . "hannas/myhanna.php");

then you can include that same file form a template, or use as hanna code.

• Like 1