Hanna Code

ryan

Okay, this getting very odd.

I have changed it so that I am getting the text from a field on the actual page, rather than from another page.

And it has exactly the same problem.

????????

BINGO!

Soma, well done. It was the HTML entity encoder textformatter on the title field (I have no memory of adding that, but then this project started a while ago)

Thanks mate, again.... :)

Now the question is why would that mess things up?

Hi,

I've got a problem with trying to edit a hanna code. I can see the list of codes I've setup and I can create a new one but I'm not able to edit it after I've created it. I had this problem with the final 2.4 release but I thought an update to the most recent dev build (2.4.7) might fix it but, no. There's no browser errors at all. Reinstalled it, still no.

My server setup is: PHP 5.4.25 & MySQL 5.1.73-cll

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Some little new hannas from my playground with a question:

//BDay
//Use this with [[bday?d=1950-12-31]]
//You can add this to any place, even in the title of a link or alt text of an image. Also future day possible.

!HannaCode:BDay: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!HannaCode

and

//countdown
//d_day=(day) d_month=(mont) d_year=(year) txt1=(text_before) txt2=(text_after)
//Use [[countdown?d_day=25&d_month=12&d_year=2009&txt1=Only&txt2=days until it is Christmas]]

!HannaCode:Countdown: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/!HannaCode

so in my former cms (there was a similar addon called droplets) i could get the whole rendered page as a $var or the contentpart of it and could make a nice CreateToc droplet that search for Headingtags and build up the TOC:

preg_match_all( '#<h([1-6]).*>([^<].+)</h[1-6]>#i', $wb_page_data, $matches, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER );

the var $wb_page_data gets the actual pagecontent to analyse by the droplet (=HannaCode).

Is there a similar option or could i simply use the render() function on the parts of the page that i wanna get into the TOC?

Kind regards mr-fan

I've double ask would it be nice to have a little hanna gallery with structured and sorted hanncode??

Could be a nic addition to the addons page? with some given parameters like name, desc, importcode, vars

Just a note to all MODx'ers - I think this is a nice way to transfer some snippets/chunks to ProcessWire as well if people want to go down that route and have some they used to use in body text. Obviously it's not quite the same thing (potentially more powerful depending on your needs), but anything that helps make a transition easier is good in my book :)

Very useful, powerful module ryan!

Agree. I'm coming from that CMS and I really like the ability to not have to rely on includes so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Thanks for looking at this!

A Hanna code question for you gents...

In WordPress, one of the things you can do inside the main text editor is that you can add a read more tag anywhere inside your blog posts. Usually you might insert it after say the end of the first paragraph.

And so if you set up WordPress such that it displays your blog posts as a list of excerpts or teasers, then should it come across a post that has a read more tag, it will display the contents of that post from the beginning as an excerpt right up to the point where you placed that read more tag. Finally WordPress turns that read more tag into a link such that if you click on it it takes you to the complete blog post.

So my question is gents, if we create a [[readmore]] hanna code, how do we go about replicating this WordPress functionality?

As my coding skills are not very good, I thought that there could be two approaches.

One would be to somehow break out of the body field once it reached our [[readmore]]. How to do this I do not know how. I tried getting my [[readmore]] to simply echo return; but it ignored that!

The other I guess would be to use our [[readmore]] as a "marker" of sorts and somehow extract the section between the beginning of the body field up until it sees our [[readmore]] marker. I'm thinking this might need an explode implode kind of approach but I have never ever done anything like that before and so I am really quite clueless on this one.

Or maybe there is a smarter way?

Any tips or suggestions or code chunks much appreciated!

Cheers guys!

Hey Zahari,

In a bit of a rush, but PHP's strstr might be what you are looking for. Not sure that you really need a Hanna Code in this situation. Just parse the content of the field in your template.

$introtext = strstr($page->body, '[[readmore]]', true);

Then when you echo out the body on the full version, just:

echo str_replace("[[readmore]]", "", $page->body);

Hope that helps to get you started. I am sure there are lots of other ways to approach this. I usually go with automatic truncation because editors usually forget to add things like a [[readmore]] tag. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another little Hanna issue:

In CKEditor if you delete a space (like with backspace) and then press the space bar to put it back in, or anything similar, CKeditor inserts a

So, if on a hanna code you have something like this:

[[col class="medium-4 myclass"]]

When you first type it, it is fine, but if you edit it, the source becomes:

[[col class="medium-4 myclass"]]

And the code breaks.

Ryan, can you add a check in the hanna module so that it looks for   and replaces is with a blank " "?

@Joss: unless you actually need non-breaking spaces somewhere (and assuming that you're running a new-ish version of PW), the "beautify markup toggles" section of CKEditor field are pretty neat. "Remove non-breaking spaces" has saved the day a lot of times for me. Just saying :)

Arf'noon Teppo!

Yes, I know there is a way around it on CKEditor, but it struck me that having a catch-all on the Hanna Code is possibly not a bad idea. It's one of those things that could mess a client up if they don't know all the ins and outs.

Hi, I just can't find my github login, so I'd like to report a minor bug here. (I did cost me some hours…)

In the description of the Hanna Code Name field is written, that hyphens are allowed in names:

post-426-0-43598900-1412005724_thumb.jpg

That's definitely not right. as you can read here:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/7123-embedding-css-grid-markup-in-textareackeditor/

Hanna Code Module is not working with additional parameters if hyphens are in the Hanna Code Name.

This error was also reported on github in February here:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessHannaCode/issues/3

The module is great anyway. So thanks a lot in advance!  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan,

I've got notified in the PW admin (2.5.3 master) that there was an update (0.1.9) available for Hanna Code. I checked GitHub and saw that you added support for hyphenated Hanna names, cool!

Unfortunately, updating via Setup->Upgrades did not go as planned. It timed out after 30 seconds and the mentions of TextformatterHannaCode and ProcessHannaCode had dissapeared from the modules list.

After that, a '.TextformatterHannaCode' directory was present in the site/modules and a 'ProcessHannaCode' directory with only partial files (the ace stuff)  in it. Clearing out these folder and installing from ClassName also did not seem to work anymore, as it also resulted in a timeout.

Grabbing the zip from GitHub, extracting it in site/modules and renaming it to 'ProcessHannaCode' and afterwards refreshing the modules section in PW admin seems to have restored everything, and i now have an up to date (0.1.9) Hanna Code Module, with all Hanna Codes i already had working correctly.

Maybe it was the initial time-out that got me screwed, but maybe there are some (re)naming issues when upgrading to the latest version of Hanna. Thought i'd mention it anyway.

• Like 1

next HannaCode to crosslink the topics

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/7930-screenshot-generator-url-to-img/#entry76654

!HannaCode:thumbnail: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/!HannaCode

Some little thumbnailgenerator....;)

• 2 weeks later...