ProcessEmailToPage

Pete

Thanks Charles - glad to hear it is working well for you. 

I have another brand new version for you with a LOT of new features.

1. You can prevent creation of pages from email addresses with host names that are not in the whitelist - great antispam option
  2. You can limit creation of pages to email addresses that match registered PW users - in this case, the ability to add the page will also be determined by the user's permissions for creating pages on the selected template
  3. You can determine whether the page should be published based on the user's page-publish/edit permissions
  4. You can set up customized email notification messages when a new pages is created, including choosing who they should be sent to.

The config settings should also help to see all the new changes. Please let me know if you find any problems with this new version - quite a bit changed. Also please let me know if you think of improvements to the logic of the way things are set up.

post-985-0-53891100-1419824414_thumb.png

Edited by adrian
Added screenshot
  • Like 3

Hi Adrian

Thanks for all your work on this.

I've added you as a collaborator on my repo so I think you might be able to merge changes into the main repo yourself if you like?

I certainly don't see a problem with anything you've added (aside from me not having tried any of the new things out yet :)) so happy for it all to be merged.

• Like 2

I'd like to make this work on a shared hosting account, but am not sure if it's possible.

cPanel doesn't allow me to use some characters. 

Directory paths cannot be empty or contain the following characters: \ ? % * : | " > <

Is there a workaround?

I'd like to make this work on a shared hosting account, but am not sure if it's possible.

cPanel doesn't allow me to use some characters. 

Is there a workaround?

Sorry, I might be missing something obvious, but can you explain the issue with directory paths and why you can't use this module?

The module seems to work fine, but..

I have tested the URL, that needs to be executed by the CRON, in the browser using the locationbar and works like a charm, but I can't set the URL in cPanel.

cPanel doesnt allow me to use the following characters (which are used in the URL): \ ? % * : | " > <

• Like 1

Looks like you aren't doing the correct thing here. I am not very experienced with cPanel, but you don't want to be forwarding the email to the PW link. You need to set up a cronjob (from cPanel) using that format that @cstevensjr showed you. That cronjob will then periodically check the email address.

Does that make sense?

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

UPDATE

I was able to figure out where I was going wrong in this module's configuration.

For anyone who may not check Github, listed below is the resolution of the issue I opened there.

Resolution

cstevensjr commented just now

Ok, I finally figured this out. It was a configuration problem on my webhost (Dreamhost).

My webhost uses mail clusters for outgoing mail. I've never had a problem before where I needed to list the mail cluster name for the "Host" setting. When I finally changed the setting to the mail cluster name, the Flourishlib portion worked without error.

Closing this issue

@adrian, thanks again for your quick follow-up and troubleshooting expertise.

• Like 1

Sorry about this Charles - I'll take a look a little later today or maybe tomorrow - I had a similar issue with CustomUploadNames which actually stole the "Add Category" code from this module. I'll probably just need to make the same changes I made to that, so should be a fairly easy fix.

• Like 1

Actually the issue is not what I thought - it is a recent PW dev problem. I checked a PW 2.6.1 stable site and it works fine. I am not sure what has changed in PW dev to cause this - I will need to investigate further - hopefully I can find some time in the next few days to figure it out.

EDIT: This is the PW commit that breaks things: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/fd719abc6ad4dc12792592b6715f986d29af2625

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I love this module, thanks :) .

All working fine but on Cpanel every time I run script is run via cron it generates an output file in the web root folder

e.g. index.html?hash\=d5c0307523750320573253247177dc.9999

Files soon build up when the script is run every 5 min!

Any way to suppress the output file (it contains an html copy of the page being updated)?

Hi @dab,

Glad you're finding it useful. I haven't used the module on a shared host with cpanel, so I am not sure whether there is maybe some interaction going on there. I don't think I have ever seen the module itself create these files. Obviously the module responds to: http://pw.dev/?hash=4ba942b72726bbc0fa527c0c3aa69f2bc6817534 but I don't know where that index.html version is coming from.

Any chance there is a caching mechanism at play here. Maybe even ProCache? although I doubt it.

Can't you just suppress the cron task messages by adding "/dev/null 2>&1" to the end of your cron command.

That sends the messages to null which means there aren't any messages.

Perhaps I am missing the point though?