Is PW becoming more popular?

kongondo

Does the presence of spam on the forums mean we are becoming more popular? :) I've encountered a couple this week. Either way, I think PW is becoming more popular. My take, it's more popular in Europe than other regions?

• Like 1

Yes, there has been very strong growth recently.

Monthly visits in April:

2011: 5 112

2012: 12 448

2013: 48 455

Most popular countries this year:

1. United States
2. Germany
3. United Kingdom
4. Netherlands
5. India
6. Finland
7. Switzerland
8. Canada
9. France
10. Italy

• Like 7

Processwire is a perfect load balanced template/code system. If that fact is recognized and experienced by more people it can really boom drupal and wordpress away from cms land. But then again, strangly enough, it doesn't work that way. You can be the best and yet other wanna be designs get more credit and more fame. I am in the repair/service field for computers for more than 15 years and I know of tools like deepfreeze and shadow user that can recover a pc fool proof from any software problem/attack/virus/mis-installs/wrong driver installs/dumb users/user mistakes/ etc. etc, simply by rebooting the pc. And yet is everybody knowing about it and buying it ?

No ! Why ? Beats me ! Same for tools that can make a pc with 8 Gb of ram or more start to fly and run your programs in high speed mode by using a ramdisk or supercache. Doesn't everybody want his pc to run your programs super fast ? Make IE / FF / Word / Photoshop / etc. etc. run fast ? Yes ! Do people know and use ramdisks and supercache ? No ! Why ? Beats me ! I guess people are sometimes hard to understand.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm, beat me, but i'm not too unhappy with pw not becoming much to much popular ... wp is popular, because it's a jap-cms (just-another-plugin-cms). wouldn't like to see pw go this route ... but, however, presumably popularity helps ryan to make a living from his amazing work. and that's desirable by itself.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

it's a jap-cms (just-another-plugin-cms). wouldn't like to see pw go this route ... but, however, presumably

jap cms ha ha that's a good one. Me neither want to see pw go a status quo for the masses route. Should stay hard core with power limited only by the skills of the user. Something that that other cms never became: stripped down and tuned up. I also would love to strip down and tune up my car and start roaring the streets.