Clickable image path or default folder in TinyMCE

enibas94

Hi,

in my site structure I have many projects (parents), each with several sub-pages (childs). All images will be uploaded to the project in the parent page. On the child pages should these images are used in text fields (TinyMCE). But it is very complicated, each time to click through the whole page tree, just to get to the images of the parent page. Can I make the path - that is displayed in the image insertion dialog - clickable? Or I can predefine a path by default? What opportunities are there to simplify the selection process?

Thanks for your tips,

Enibas

If you've got a situation where you are having to do something repetitive (like the image selection and placement you've mentioned), then look at breaking it down further. Images manually positioned in copy (via TinyMCE) aren't ideal, and are better for one-off or unique situations. It's better to standardize on dedicating a specific image field (i.e. featured_image) to be a method of automatically connecting an image with a page. There are also situations where you may find it helpful to associate images with page references. For instance, a blog post with categories might have the categories each have an image that gets automatically pulled in and displayed when the blog post is rendered. 

• Like 1