enibas94

Clickable image path or default folder in TinyMCE

Hi,

in my site structure I have many projects (parents), each with several sub-pages (childs). All images will be uploaded to the project in the parent page. On the child pages should these images are used in text fields (TinyMCE). But it is very complicated, each time to click through the whole page tree, just to get to the images of the parent page. Can I make the path - that is displayed in the image insertion dialog - clickable? Or I can predefine a path by default? What opportunities are there to simplify the selection process?

Thanks for your tips,

Enibas

If you've got a situation where you are having to do something repetitive (like the image selection and placement you've mentioned), then look at breaking it down further. Images manually positioned in copy (via TinyMCE) aren't ideal, and are better for one-off or unique situations. It's better to standardize on dedicating a specific image field (i.e. featured_image) to be a method of automatically connecting an image with a page. There are also situations where you may find it helpful to associate images with page references. For instance, a blog post with categories might have the categories each have an image that gets automatically pulled in and displayed when the blog post is rendered. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hellomoto
      I have a Pages field with a PageListSelectMultiple input fieldtype, and I cannot limit it through the "custom PHP code" filter in its settings. I don't want hidden pages to be selectable, because the field is supposed to be to select pages to be included in a frontend menu. How can I do this? and it would be nice to be able to use the custom php code way to filter...
      Also, I cannot install, or activate, rather, TinyMCE. It's claimed to be compatible with 2.5... I install it, and when I try to activate it, without fail, it "activates" CKEditor, which is already activated by default, and installs its files into the /site/modules/ directory. TinyMCE is still in there, just inactivated and useless, being that there's no workaround to activating modules besides from the admin (that I know of, and it should work via the admin anyway). I also tried using BatchChildEditor (supposed to work with 2.5) -- don't seem to do anything when activated. I selected some settings and nada.
      Does anybody have any idea why I might be having these problems? I got all green for all the install compatibility checks...
    • By Thomas108
      Hi everybody,

I am trying for a while now to display the alt tags as captions from images inserted via tinymce.
      I read this (and a few other) threads: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/1344-captions-for-images-in-tinymce/

... and I installed Adrian's tinymce-image-caption,
      but it didn't work at all for me.

Then I installed Teppo's TextformatterImageWrapper,
      again no change in the frontend.

Finally I tried Ryan's approach which is also mentioned in the linked thread above.
      https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/FoundationSiteProfile/blob/master/templates/scripts/main.js
      and again no change in the frontend output.

The last days I felt like I fell in love with processwire, everything went very smooth, but today seems to be not my day.
      I have no clue what's wrong, maybe some pw (2.4.7) or php (5.4.32) version  problem? My template is valid html5.

I just made a fiddle with ryans approach: http://jsfiddle.net/wqo4fk8o/10/
      Maybe someone can have a look and point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
    • By Kae
      Hey, guys!!!
      I'm having a very big problem with Tinymce in processwire. I feel so stupid about it, but can't find the solution. Hope someone can help me.
      When I change to html and paste html tags inside a <code> tag, they get converted and disapear. How can I avoid this?
      All Iwanted was to show some code examples. I feel so noob right now '-'
      Thank you =)
    • By gRegor
      Hello,
      I have built a form that allows authenticated members to submit articles through a front-end form. I was under the impression that 2 newlines would automatically be converted to paragraph elements, but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect as I re-acquaint myself with this aspect of PW.**

Then I was thinking there was a TinyMCE configuration to convert newlines to paragraphs. There is, but I'm pretty sure that applies only during entry into the textarea, not when the text data is first loaded into the TinyMCE textarea.
      First, is there a built-in PW paragraph formatting function that I'm missing/forgetting?
      If not, would the "preferred" method to achieve this be using TinyMCE on the front-end form, so newlines are converted to paragraphs before the form is submitted and the page fields are stored? If so, can someone point me to an example of using the PW API to include a TinyMCE field input?

Or would the preferred method be to process the raw input to convert newlines to paragraphs (through another module, or custom code) before saving the page fields?

I'm aware there is an Auto Paragraph TextFormatter module, but I believe that only applies when the data is output — not when the data is shown in backend.

Thanks for any assistance!

** I have confirmed that the newlines are stored in the database, so I've confirmed they're neither being removed nor converted.
    • By landitus
      I'm having a weird issue with images in TinyMCE.
      When adding images to the images field (the default one), I add a description. Then I add the image to the body field via TinyMCE. Then save and the image has the correct alt text. So far so good... But, if I reopen the same image with the image button, the description is gone from the modal window. If I re-save, the image is displayed without the description. Looks like the image it's not retaining the original description value when editing. Is this a bug?