Email Image Module Development

Jason

Good day all! I'm looking to hire a programmer to further build out the Email Image module (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/email-image/). I'd like to build upon or modify this plugin to meet my needs. That being said, I am very open to sponsoring this and releasing it to the public as a free module (add-on to the current module or a new one), however it makes the most sense.

What I'm looking to accomplish:

1. The text of the email creates a new blog/page entry in a specific category/section.

2. Images (email attachments) upload to the new blog/page entry and inserts into the page below text in grid layout. Images would enlarge with light box treatment or something similar. Descriptions for each individual picture could be edited in PW at a later time.

3. Needs further investigation - option to convert attachments to slider gallery.

Basically, this would be a field report that someone would email to create a new entry with pictures underneath.

Timeframe: 30 days

Budget: Approximately $500USD (please let me know if this is way off base)

Payment Method: Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer (international bank transfer possible but I have not done this before with my current bank, so would have to investigate further)

Thanks,

Jason

post-1342-0-33905300-1368650627_thumb.pn

• Like 4

I'd be interested in taking this one on. Timeframe is more than enough, changes required to the module aren't that tricky either.

I don't think you're wanting to do this, but you could assign a different email address to a different section of the site or something if you wanted to handle different blog categories, or else something could be done with category title as part of the email title like "Post title||categoryname" and split on the ||

Lots and lots of possibilities.

• Like 4

This is a really excellent example of a job posting, thanks Jason! You included all the info that I think people would be looking for. I also think it's very good that you included a timeframe, budget info, and screenshot/mockup. I'm going to point people to this the next time someone asks how they should post a job. 

• Like 4

Well I'm 50/50 over posting budget info ryan, but I admit it did make me respond quicker knowing someone was not expecting something for little money.

Definitely worth mentioning if you're happy for the code to be submitted back to the community as that was quite appealing too, though obviously it doesn't suit all circumstances.

Thanks for the positive response!

I'm quite excited about this module and think it will be quite useful to both my projects and the community.

Have a great weekend!

Jason

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a really excellent example of a job posting, thanks Jason! You included all the info that I think people would be looking for. I also think it's very good that you included a timeframe, budget info, and screenshot/mockup. 

This is a really excellent example of a job posting, thanks Jason! You included all the info that I think people would be looking for. I also think it's very good that you included a timeframe.

shitting.gif

• Like 6