Italian section/site of processwire

Alessio Dal Bianco

Ottimo, fammi sapere.

Al momento io non uso Processwire ma è un cms che ho sempre tenuto d'occhio per la sua versatilità (arrivo da Symphony Cms ma detesto la gestione delle viste in xslt).

Hi Alessio, good idea!

I'm pretty new to processwire (discovered one week ago...still dealing with the default templates) but an italian community would be great!

I come from Expression Engine, and I really begin to appreciate the possibilities with this cms.

ciao!

Marco

• Like 1

I saw only now the German site and it is quite similar at the actual main homepage. There are some guidelines to follow ?

Nico made this and I think that he was possibly going to prepare a template that could be used for other languages (Nico?). I think it's a great template and would be good to re-use. But it ultimately comes down to what the needs are for the individual site. 

I can setup hosting to point to the processwire.com server or an outside IP. If you'd like it on our server here, let me know and I'll setup an account. If you'd like it pointed to the outside IP, just let us know when something is ready at a temporary URL and then we can get the DNS setup. 

Nico made this and I think that he was possibly going to prepare a template that could be used for other languages (Nico?). I think it's a great template and would be good to re-use. But it ultimately comes down to what the needs are for the individual site. 

I can setup hosting to point to the processwire.com server or an outside IP. If you'd like it on our server here, let me know and I'll setup an account. If you'd like it pointed to the outside IP, just let us know when something is ready at a temporary URL and then we can get the DNS setup. 

I think is a political choice...

Personally I would prefer to make another layout (obviously following the actual theme of processwire.com), because i want to personalize the download of PW by including the italian translation and part of the documentation.

I think is really important for non-english developers to give a good documentation in mother language, especially on make modules.

I think is a political choice...

Personally I would prefer to make another layout (obviously following the actual theme of processwire.com), because i want to personalize the download of PW by including the italian translation and part of the documentation.

Why does it need another layout, if you want to personalize the download? While I would prefer having same layout used across all the regional sites, I don't have anything against custom designs (I think in this point it is great to have more any kind of localized content about PW). I just don't understand the reasoning :)

Why does it need another layout, if you want to personalize the download? While I would prefer having same layout used across all the regional sites, I don't have anything against custom designs (I think in this point it is great to have more any kind of localized content about PW). I just don't understand the reasoning :)

I could make a GitHub version of it so you could "pull" your theme improvements and so all regional pages could still have the same slightly different layout?

You are right :) .

Nico if you can setup the git version of layout then i will proceed to translate it on my machine. One question Nico, the site is on the Ryan's hosting or your own ?

I understand the convenience, but I don't think having separate core downloads for PW depending on language (or other factors) is sustainable from a version or security standpoint, so would rather avoid that by always having the core download be directly from our GitHub. But having clear additional download links for language pack, docs, etc., to accompany the main download link would be great. Longer term, we'll have an automated download function that can bundle modules and language packages automatically at runtime. 

• Like 4

I understand the convenience, but I don't think having separate core downloads for PW depending on language (or other factors) is sustainable from a version or security standpoint, so would rather avoid that by always having the core download be directly from our GitHub. But having clear additional download links for language pack, docs, etc., to accompany the main download link would be great. Longer term, we'll have an automated download function that can bundle modules and language packages automatically at runtime. 

Ok!

Then i tried to do a checklist:

1. Translate the documentation in this order
    • Brief description of PW
    • Installation of PW
    • Installation of language pack
    • Start to translate also this part: http://processwire.com/api/ (PDF)
  2. Collect all the italian sites for a little showcase (i have only 1 site really active, the rest is on development)
  3. Check if we use Ryan hosting or my server or whatever other hosting.
  4. Make the site! :D

Any suggestion are welcome!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Salve ragazzi scusate per l'assenza, ho avuto un sacco di rogne questo periodo.

Ho cominciato fare qualcosa ieri sera copiando il tema di Nico Koll e cambiato un po' di slogan. È ancora quasi tutto statico ma conto questa settimana di renderlo tutto dinamico e italiano :)

Mi servirebbe seriamente qualche input se gli slogan principali possono andare bene o meno. 

Il sito temporaneo lo trovate qui:

http://alessiodalbianco.me/it_processwire_com/

Alessio

Edited by Alessio Dal Bianco