How to have "Created by User" field

pogidude

I installed the Blog Profile. After creating a blog post, you can go to the Settings tab of that blog post and see a "Created by User" field there. I'm just wondering how that got there?

Coz I'd like to replicate it for another template. When I look at other pages using basic-page template or any other template for that matter, there is no "Created by User" field anywhere.

I'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

You can enable this option by editing your /site/config.php and setting $config->advanced=true; Next edit the template (Setup > Templates > edit) that you want to be able to change the createdUser. Click on the "system" tab (this is only visible in advanced mode). You'll see checkboxes for various options–check the appropriate one and save. Go back to your /site/config.php and remove the $config->advanced line you added earlier… as you don't usually want advanced mode on (some settings can be dangerous). But you should now have the ability to change the created user for pages using that template. 

• Like 7

is there any documentation that I can look in to about the options that show up when you set $config->advanced to true?

Most of these options are meant for ProcessWire (core) development, so they aren't meant to be documented as part of the settings you would typically use in site development. But for people that want to experiment with them, the inline documentation is pretty good. Of course, feel free to post questions here about any of the options too. 

• 2 years later...

Click on the "system" tab (this is only visible in advanced mode).

Has this changed or moved? I enabled Advanced mode and I see the beaker at the bottom of my admin panels labeled "Advanced Mode", but I can't find a "System" tab. I looked at it using both the default and Reno admin themes, and I don't see it.

Sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious.  :undecided:

It works now. What once was lost, now is found.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...