"URL /subdir/processwire/page/edit/saveTemplate was not found" when trying to change page template

neildaemond

Hi,

Sometimes when I try to change a page's template, I get this error thrown up by apache upon clicking 'save' :

Not Found

The requested URL /subdir_my_project_is_in/pw_admin/page/edit/saveTemplate was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Usually I just delete the page and add a new one with the same name, but this time I'm trying to change the '404 Page Not Found' page's template and am hesitant bc I'm not 100% sure how it's being reffered to.

Could this be a problem with how my PHP is configured? or related to the fact that my website is at subdirectory (/var/www/project/) instead of the web root (/var/www/)?

Thanks

In wire/config.php there is:

$config->http404PageID = 27;

So i think you could override that in you site/config.php to reference the page id of your newly created 404 page.

But it would be better to solve the strange errors. To be honest i don't have a clue. I don't think this is caused by the fact that you run on a subdir per se, because a lot of people do and it would have come up more often. So it must be something in your platforms configuration. Maybe some .htaccess stuff conflicting with your apache settings? Also, what browser are you using? Is this error also happening on other browsers?

Since the error is coming from Apache, I would bet that it's from an Apache module (mod_security?). The 401 authorization required is also interesting. PW doesn't care if it's running from web root or a subdir. But I would check your web root for an .htaccess file and see what's in there–it's possible there's something in there conflicting with/overriding ProcessWire's .htaccess.