Translate field label and placeholder

I have installed ProcessWire 2.3 and bought FormBuilder. I have multilingual website and would need to create forms with multilingual placeholders and labels. I could not figure out how to do this by myself. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Forms aren't translatable. Do you have access to the Form Builder forum yet? You can ask ryan, but I guess he is pretty much enjoying other things at the moment.

ryan, on 27 Mar 2013 - 13:23, said Static text is translatable like in the rest of ProcessWire. But forms are meant to be language-specific. Meaning, if you want to have the same form in multiple languages, then you would clone that form for each language that you need, and translate the clones.

You'll have to get access to the form builder support forum.

This is recently a post by Ryan on a recent update.

Just posted update 0.2.1 to the first page. This version is strictly for testing purposes. This update adds multi-language support for form field labels, descriptions, notes, success text, error text, autoresponder subject, and autoresponder body. It also adds editable body text for autoresponder emails, and [tag] field value substitution for autoresponder body. This may be obvious, but also want to mention that multi-language support requires installation of the LanguageSupport module that comes with PW. 

In the past we've suggested that you create separate forms for each language. This is still a good way to go. However, I wanted to add multi-language support for those that don't want to maintain multiple copies of the same form in different languages. The tradeoff here is that you'll end up with form submissions in different languages. For some, this may be not a problem at all, so this update is for those people. 

Note that multi-choice fields don't yet have multi-language support for <option>s. However, you can still support multi-language / multi-choice fields in FormBuilder by using Page reference fields (as you would in ProcessWire outside of Form Buiilder). 

• Like 1

Rickard, I have updated your access so that you can now get to the Form Builder board. Thanks for your order! I think it is okay to go ahead and use 0.2.1, which includes the multi-language features. I am now using it in production and it's been reliable for me. Otherwise, you can always use the old reliable method of cloning the same form into multiple languages too.

• Like 1