Hello Everyone..

BillyKoch

Hello Everyone - 

I am pretty new here - came across this CMS based on a friend of mine who has indicated she used this CMS and loves it.  So when she says she loves it then I take her word for it - you might know her as Eisteinboi or Mary.   I have been a long time MODX user (and I see there has been other MODX users who have jumped over here as well - so that helps me)   :) Did an install of ProcessWire for one of my Personal Projects I am doing here for the Deaf Community here in Houston.  So I am looking forward to my Processwire Journey.  So now just need to jump in and figure out how everything works.   :)   I'm excited about this Processwire journey, and hopefully if I like it - then maybe more projects to build with it.  Thanks for making an awesome product!  

Have a great one! 

Billy Koch

• Like 9

Hi Billy!

Welcome to PW! Mary's right; there's everything to love about PW! In your hands you now have an easy to understand and very powerful CMS/CMF. I assume you've been digging round the docs but If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. Folks here are nice and friendly :)

• Like 1

Welcome Billy. Mary has a lot of practical modx tutorials and posts on-line. Seems to be a very grounded person. Processwire is a surprisingly transparant cms/cmf. You have to get used to it that you can approach it in so many different ways to set something up.  Joss made some good beginners tutorials to start with processwire. As a beginner first learn it's api and related php functions such as foreach, etc.

Holey Smokes!  Where have I been!  Now I can see why a bunch of MODXers have been jumping over to ProcessWire!  I have been playing around with it and going through the tutorials!  I have to say so far I LOVE IT!  This is going to make my life so much easier!   Thanks for making a great product!  So got a goal to finish one site by this weekend!  Keep up the great work!  *But I know I have so much to cover and go through but heck I love what I see so far*

One small question though - this forum - is this also an add-on to ProcessWire?  *I have a community site I would love to build and if I can add on a forum that would be absolutely SPLENDID*

• Like 3

One small question though - this forum - is this also an add-on to ProcessWire?  *I have a community site I would love to build and if I can add on a forum that would be absolutely SPLENDID*

No, have a look at the right bottom corner :)

I think there's a module from Antti for a simple forum in Pw.

Holey Smokes!  Where have I been!  Now I can see why a bunch of MODXers have been jumping over to ProcessWire!  I have been playing around with it and going through the tutorials!  I have to say so far I LOVE IT!  This is going to make my life so much easier!   Thanks for making a great product!.........

I love that reaction PW causes.... O0

• Like 1

Welcome Billy!

If you're looking for a forum this might be a choice http://fluxbb.org/ easy and lightweight software.

There's no real forum module for PW (yet except the one from apeisa) but it's also because there's many good out there full featured.

• Like 1

Welcome Billy!

If you're looking for a forum this might be a choice http://fluxbb.org/ easy and lightweight software.

There's no real forum module for PW (yet except the one from apeisa) but it's also because there's many good out there full featured.

Thanks!  I will give that a whirl!  I have used phpBB and SMF both have their pros and cons..   

There is a module that's a work in progress for this particular forum software to handle member integration and registrations that I use here: http://www.strategycore.co.uk but I've not released it yet.

I should probably start a thread asking for what features people want because I went a bit overboard with that one and used forum topics for comments for articles etc which was all a bit overkill so I should probably release a stripped down version at some point ;)

It does make me feel good when people ask if the forums are part of ProcessWire though as it means I've integrated the skin (not my design, not taking credit) reasonably well (taking full credit :P) - not easy with any forum software as those of you who have worked with forums will know. Certainly everything is a chore compared to ProcessWire :) No forum software ever seems to come with a decent API which irks me, but ProcessWire does spoil us in that regard.

• Like 3

There is a module that's a work in progress for this particular forum software to handle member integration and registrations that I use here: http://www.strategycore.co.uk but I've not released it yet.

I should probably start a thread asking for what features people want because I went a bit overboard with that one and used forum topics for comments for articles etc which was all a bit overkill so I should probably release a stripped down version at some point ;)

It does make me feel good when people ask if the forums are part of ProcessWire though as it means I've integrated the skin (not my design, not taking credit) reasonably well (taking full credit :P) - not easy with any forum software as those of you who have worked with forums will know. Certainly everything is a chore compared to ProcessWire :) No forum software ever seems to come with a decent API which irks me, but ProcessWire does spoil us in that regard.

Awesome!  Will have to look when I get home!  Unfortunately my work has your site blocked for "Games"  LOL!    :-[  :o   But I will definitely look into it.  I would love to find a way to integrate both the CMF/CMS and Forums into one single registration and etc.  Thank you for all you do!  Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to PW like you folks do once I get my noobiness out of the way and totally understand the "Big Leagues"  and be a real  :ph34r: