Publication workflow for the default Admin Theme

SwimToWin

Here comes a change proposal for the default Admin Theme ("ProcessWire 2.x Admin Markup Template" by Ryan):

When a (novice) editor edits an unpublished page, the Save-button on the page says "Publish" and changes the status to Published if the contents is changed.
http://www.example.com/admin/page/edit/?id=1033

In my experience novice editors too easily publish unpublished draft pages by mistake ("What's on this page? Oh, I better get back to Pages. [The user clicks Publish to get back to Pages]").

Better workflow:

1. Page top shows a "This page is currently unpublished"-notification - as now.
2. To publish the page, uncheck [x]-Unpublished. (Even better: Check [x]-Published.)
3. The Save-button only saves the page ... without assumptions about what the user intends to do.
4. On Pages, the user can bulk-change Publication status by checking [x]-Published and selecting "Action: Publish page" (like Drupal).

PS: Also - I find it more natural if the Publish status was changed:
* actual: "[] Unpublished: Not visible on site"
* better: "[x] Published: Visible on site"

On an unpublished page, there are two buttons at the bottom: Save and Publish. To save changes to an unpublished page, and keep it unpubilshed, you would click "save" rather than "publish". If you are worried about a novice editor, one good thing to tell them is to use the Save button at the bottom rather than the publish button at the top. Perhaps the button at the top should be the Save button, with the publish button at the bottom instead–I'll look into that.