Ryan, can I propose that the ProcessHome class has this

public function ___execute() {
   $this->session->redirect($this->page->child->url); 
}
instead of this?
public function ___execute() {
    $this->session->redirect("page/"); 
}

:D to make the first page in the admin the one that appears by default. I was working on custom admin pages module, and occurred to me that PW could be flexible on this also. Although personally I really like the tree as the default view, I thinks it should be the responsibility of each one to decide about something like this.

• Like 3

Actually, @diogo, your proposal made a lot of sense, just saying.

Doesn't sound like a very common need, but I don't see any harm in it either.. and it would definitely open a window for clean (and "codeless") customization of admin. Thumbs up for this. :)

• Like 1

This makes sense to me, I've gone ahead and changed it. It should appear on the dev branch next time I'm pushing updates to it, probably later this week. 

• Like 6

Oh no, what I have I done?!  :o

Exactly! :) You've opened a can of worms! Just kidding. I think there is a place for such functionality in PW alongside what other modules do. I have so many ideas with what to do with your module it is making my head spin!  ^_^  O0

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Finally using this in a booking system - thanks Diogo :)

Might still be nice to make it core though ryan? I don't think it would hurt and I can't see it causing any real confusion as the only time you would want to tweak the order of the admin pages you would probably be putting in custom admin pages and want tomaybe do something like this anyway. I guess what I'm saying is it won't affect 99% of users, but would be helpful to the 1% without adding any bloat.

I did change this before, but had to change it back as I later found it broke something else. It's been awhile now and I don't even remember what it was that was broken. One way you can get around it is to change the 'process' field on the admin homepage to your own. ProcessHome is a very simple module, so you can just copy it to your /site/modules/ProcessHomeCustom.module and change it to do what you need, then edit the admin page and make it use your version. 

Thanks ryan - I literally just copied and pasted it into site/modules 10 minutes ago with the relevant changes and it did the trick. :)

EDIT: Though I see where I went wrong with diogo's module was not reading the instructions to change the process for the admin page :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Sorry diogo - bit of a late reply :)

It does work if you actually follow the instructions and change the default admin page to use the Process (I was being an idiot and changing my new admin page to use the process).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...