Admin Custom Pages Module

diogo

Kongondo,

yes and no.

I know, that is not elegant way, but I try to find page parent that have the same name with user to provide access.

$p->set('id', 15729) = working

$p->set('id', $p_page) = no

$p_user = $user->name; // set user name
$p_page = $pages->find("title=$user->name"); // try to find page with the same with user name
$p = $this->modules->get('ProcessPageList'); // kongondo's code goes here
$p->set('id', $p_page); // setting the parent page to user name page

May be you know the reason?

I think $p->set('id', '12345') requires and integer. $p_page is not an id but an object. Try:

$p->set('id', $p_page->id)

Untested...

If that is not the problem, then it is the $pages->find. If you are getting only one page, use $pages->get instead...since you only need one ID..

Edited by kongondo

Tested. This should work...

$p_user = wire('user')->name;// set user name
$p_page = wire('pages')->get("title=$p_user");// try to get page with the same with user name
$p = $this->modules->get('ProcessPageList');
$p->set('id', $p_page->id);// setting the parent page to user name page

Edits:

Edited code above to show class/module use context...

Also edited some typos in your original code (which I also subsequently copy pasted  :D)

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
I took this code https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6315-processpagelist-to-hide-some-pages/?hl=backend for custom page template:

<?php
$form = $this->modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // prep the form

$wrapper = new InputfieldWrapper; // a wrapper
$wrapper->attr('value', 'List of available articles');

$p = $this->modules->get('ProcessPageList'); // kongondo's code goes here
$p->set('id', 4049); // setting the parent page

$pageTree = new InputfieldMarkup; // the placeholder
$pageTree->value = $p->execute(); // fill the InputfieldMarkup form field...

$wrapper->add($pageTree); // put inside the wrapper...

$form->append($wrapper); // append the wrapper
?>

One question: what should i consider if i wanna two or tree pageList's in the same template?

i've different "main" contentareas that would be great to show up in a dashboard like adminpage

Tree 1 Images

-images

-cat

-img

-img

Tree 2 News

-news

i did run the code above twice with different id's but it seems that the last id overwrite the first one?

Could ProcessPageList only run once on a page?

For that i will only create a dashboard for "fast create" the mainthings (image, newspost, special of the week and so on).

One question: what should i consider if i wanna two or tree pageList's in the same template?

anyone? or a hint if this was possible or is it not possbible to get two pagelist's working on one page, i don't think since i've seen this in other complicated processadmintools, too but i didn't get an idea what i've overlooked?

did change all the varnames into different on the two calls:

<?php
$formImages = $this->modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // prep the form

$wrapperImages = new InputfieldWrapper; // a wrapper
$wrapperImages->attr('value', '<h2>Bilder</h2>');

$i = $this->modules->get('ProcessPageList'); // kongondo's code goes here
$i->set('id', 1015); // setting the parent page

$pageTreeImages = new InputfieldMarkup; // the placeholder
$pageTreeImages->value = $i->execute(); // fill the InputfieldMarkup form field...

$wrapperImages->add($pageTreeImages); // put inside the wrapper...
$formImages->append($wrapperImages); // append the wrapper

echo $formImages->render();

$formFiles = $this->modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // prep the form

$wrapperFiles = new InputfieldWrapper; // a wrapper
$wrapperFiles->attr('value', '<h2>Dateien</h2>');

$f = $this->modules->get('ProcessPageList'); // kongondo's code goes here
$f->set('id', 1033); // setting the parent page

$pageTreeFiles = new InputfieldMarkup; // the placeholder
$pageTreeFiles->value = $f->execute(); // fill the InputfieldMarkup form field...

$wrapperFiles->add($pageTreeFiles); // put inside the wrapper...
$formFiles->append($wrapperFiles); // append the wrapper

echo $formFiles->render();

if i comment out the first - second works

if i comment out the second - first works....

so that was my base question:

if this doesn't work with the PageList i could work arround with a own created list with pagination and a add new button.....with the tree it would be more comfortable...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am trying to setup this as a new page and I am getting this error:

You have to assign a template file to this 'Admin Custom Page'.

But when I go in and edit the page I do not see anywhere to add a template as described in the setup instructions.

1. First you have to create a new page with the admin template (under the admin!)

2. Choose the right "Admin" Process on this adminpage on the first tab (content)

3. Then a new row shows up and you can choose your own template that lives in /site/templates/

In this template you could work like with Frontendtemplate with the API and show some stuff there no borders...

• 2 weeks later...

i just upgraded this module and installed the helper module, but i don't get a field to select a template

do i need to also add ACP scripts to the admin template?

... edit: i uninstalled the main module and then reinstalled, and it added the necessary field to the admin template..

it's all working now...

btw - thanks Nico for working on this, it's great to be able to use the custom pages with the new admin themes..

What version?

I use 1.1.1. from http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-admin-custom-pages/

ACP scripts and styles are optional to load .js and .css on the template

but the choice for template on the admin page should appear if you choose the Process - see screenshot?

You even didn't need a template under the template section since the template select lists all .php files in site/templates....

regards mr-fanpost-2327-0-45921500-1414429945_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm confused about how to add styles and scripts to my custom admin page. The docs say:

Create a new page under "Admin" and give it the "admin" template.

...and then...

Add the "ACP_scripts_and_styles" to the page template (the field that was created automaticaly on instalation)

So I take this to mean I have to add the "ACP_scripts_and_styles" field to the "admin" template, but admin is a system template and so is hidden unless Advanced Mode is activated. So do I need to activate Advanced Mode in order to add this field?

---

Edit: After going ahead and trying it I think I can answer my question above with a "yes". This isn't obvious though, and I think the module would be easier to get started with if the "ACP_scripts_and_styles" field was added to the admin template when the module is installed, like the "ACP_template" field is.

Edited by Cerulean

Hi Cerulean, Thanks for the feedback. I think adding a field to a system template should be done in an informed way by the user of the module, especially if it's a quite quick thing to do and if it won't be needed in all cases. I will update the documentation to be more explicit, though. 

• 4 months later...

hi diogo,

thanks for the great module! i just moved a site from dev to live server and got an open basedir restriction error. it looked for the template file unter /var/www/site/... instead of /var/www/vhosts/xyz.com/site/...

i had to go to that page and assign the template again. maybe you can change this to use relative paths down the PW rootpath?

thanks

PS: no problems with the scripts and styles paths!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Great Module,

Just wondering if its possible to not show to show a dashboard in the I have 2. The first one links into the other but I dont want people going to the second one without clicking the link in the first. 

Hello Great Module,

Just wondering if its possible to not show to show a dashboard in the I have 2. The first one links into the other but I dont want people going to the second one without clicking the link in the first. 

I think it should just be a matter of setting the page to hidden.

• Like 1