Avoiding images in wysiwyg

thistimj

This question is for Soma, but I'd appreciate everybody's input equally.

Soma, in this thread you talked about how you shouldn't insert images in the wysiwyg, and I totally agree with your point about lack of designer control. You said, "Use repeater to make blocks with images and a option to align or size." I can kind of see what you're describing in my head, but I'm unsure how to go about it. I was wondering if you could elaborate.

I am trying to set up a journal where the user would be able to write an article and possibly insert images into the text where appropriate. However, I've always hated how wysiwygs insert images, and I was looking for another way to go about it. The main problem I'm facing is that not all images are attached to the page's images field; the user may want to use an image from another page on the site.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

The main problem I'm facing is that not all images are attached to the page's images field; the user may want to use an image from another page on the site.

No problem at all. PW can do this already :). You can even set up a page with lots of images to act as images container and pull them from there into other pages...BUT this is the in WYSIWYG mode, of course, which we are trying to avoid here...

post-894-0-02500100-1366401365_thumb.jpg

post-894-0-50305400-1366401371_thumb.jpg

Hehe people actually read what I'm writing?!

I wished nobody would ever ask more details about hat. ;-)

No Sorry but I need some time... This is a rather hug.. huge subject I am not currently in a mood to respond...

@kongondo, yes, that's the problem. i love how that functionality works, except for the part about it being in tinymce! :)

@soma. haha! yes, i'm sure i'm not the only one dissecting your posts. they've been very helpful. and i understand how it would be a complicated answer. i'll be on the lookout if and when you do get around to it! in the meantime, i'll see what i can cobble together.