Image Field description not saving

Ovi

Hello, I'm having a really weird issue with image fields. When i save the page, the description does not save. 

The description saves fine for one image field that's already on the page (for selecting the banner image of the page) but even if i duplicate that image field and just give it another name (leaving everything else as it is) the new field does not save the description, while the original one does.

Any ideas on this? Seems like a bug with Processwire - remember, i'm not talking about displaying the description in the front-end, but about the description field not retaining its value in the backend once i save the page.

Thanks!

Hi Ovi, and welcome to the forums!

That sure sounds weird, but looks like I'm not able to reproduce what you've described here. I've tried both 2.3 master and dev branches with a few different combinations of image fields.

Which version of PW are you running? Do you have debug-mode on (in site/config.php: $config->debug = true;)? Have you checked the error log (site/assets/logs/errors.txt) and Javascript warnings/errors in the browser before/during save? Any traces of warnings let alone errors there?

Any modules installed, apart from those coming with the standard package - selfmade custom ones maybe? Default admin theme in use?

Does it make a difference if you reorder the image fields? I mean is it always the same field that is working, regardless of it being the first one in the edit form? You could also try and leave only a minimal set of fields to the template: title and both image fields, but nothing more. Still behaving badly?

Sorry, quite a many questions - but those are the things I'd try at this point :).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. 

I have image fields in two other areas of a site that are behaving as expected. But when I use elsewhere the field data is not saving to the database. I have the same set up as my other areas. This is very perplexing. I don't even know where to begin debugging!

I have debug on and no errors show. In the error log nothing is being displayed that is related. There are no javascript errors being reported. I am using a custom image field module. But like I said I am using it in other areas and it is functioning as intended.

Anyone else experiencing this?!

I'm using the latest version of PW 2.3. And I'm experiencing this problem with the module that you created for extra description fields for images.

I'm using this same module in too other areas of my site with no problems at all. I did move from a local installation to the actual web server host and then tried to implement this third use of the module. But I don't think this should be a problem.

I have also deleted the cache after moving. Isn't there any reasons to delete the session files?

I'm pretty baffled.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using the latest version of PW 2.3. And I'm experiencing this problem with the module that you created for extra description fields for images.

What module is that? I don't remember this one… though less sleep lately around here takes its toll on memory. Is this a custom module you've developed?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...