Sign in to follow this  
photoman355

Multisite install login problem?

I've been testing out the multisite feature of processwire installing via option 1 in the docs.  I managed to get everything working by following the first option which requires installing a new version of PW and copying the files over to a site-mysite directory.  I'm now testing out the second option which just needs the site files copies to a site- directory and importing the DB from another installation using PhpMyAdmin.

The installation worked fine but when I try to login to the admin the username and password I used from my clone site are not recognised.  I thought the password would pull over from the SQL database.  I'm sure this is something really simple but I'm scratching my head at the moment.

Any ideas?

The password is salted.

Try to use the same hash in $config->userAuthSalt as from your clone site.

Please keep the current hash too (uncomment), because I don't know your excat setup.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I need to provide a quite complex user registration form: description, subdescription, drop-down lists etc. 
      Through this registration, users will be able to access and comment.
      If someone responds to their comments, I would like a NOTIFICATION to appear when accessing their panel.
      My social interaction project is just that, it seems simple, I don't need more.
      Now I am undecided whether to use buddypress, elgg, or a native processwire system.
      What do you recommend? 
      If you recommend processwire, which modules should I install?
      Do they work or is processwire too immature for that?
      Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
    • By abdulqayyum
      Dear processwire community,
      i have a problem in loginRegister module, i could not add custom field in login and register page.
      i read from plugin documentation. they are saying.
      " By default, the email and password fields are required for both forms. You may want to add more fields. To do this, you’ll need to add fields to your “user” template. You can add fields to your user template in the admin by going to “Setup > Templates > Show system templates > user”.

but i could not find similar scenario like “Setup > Templates > Show system templates > user”
      i can see just "Setup > Templates" not seeing "Show system templates > user" in my admin panel.

Please help me in this case that how i can add custom field in these two page.
      Regards AbdulQayyum

• By Anton
      Hi there,
      I'm working with Processwire 3. Before summer I had issues to load to my backend. I finally managed to connect thanks to this : 
      $admin = wire('users')->get('admin');
      $admin->setOutputFormatting(false);
      $admin->set('pass', 'yo12345ZZ')
      $admin->save('pass');
      But later, the problem evolved: when I logged in to the site, the login page redirected me to the home. I didn't find any information about it on the web.
      But recently, the redirection has changed, now it is the login page that reloads when you connect. 
      I don't know where to start to fix this. It looks like sorcery.
      Thank you for all the help you can give me.

• By iipa
      Hi everybody!
      I have been reading about Multisite, but it kinda bugs me that every topic talks about having both admin and database same for multiple sites.
      I have a project where customer tests it by adding content to the site, while I still need to do some changes here and there in code, maybe some in database. If something crashes for a while, customer can't keep testing, which is a bit problematic.
      Is there any way that I could have two separate versions of one site ("production" and development) that share the same database, but are otherwise independent? Just the thought of having to migrate database every time I want to show client something new gives me anxiety 😁
    • By sins7ven
      Hi community, I am wondering if its possible to display languages based on what host/domain has been requested.
      The use case is the following: I have one installation of PW - and within this installation I set up 5 different languages (default, english, spanish, french, dutch). Now I have 3 different domains (domainA.com, domainB.com, domainC.com) and I want to decide which languages to make available based on what domain has been navigated to. 
      For example:
      domainA.com
       - default (domainA.com)
       - english (domainA.com/en)
      domainB.com
        - default (domainB.com)
        - french (domainB.com/fr)
        - dutch (domainB.com/nl)
      domainC.com
        - default (domainC.com)
        - dutch (domainC.com/nl)
      So what I want to achieve is making only these particular languages selectable in the language switcher on the frontend. Since all pages share the same templates and overall site structure I don't see the benefits of running this installation as a multisite setup or would it be better to do so? But I assume that this would be difficult to handle since the default language might change as well. (On the french version of the page, french should be the default language and so on). Any suggestions how to accomplish that? Thanks!