Fredi - friendly frontend editing

apeisa

The preview video was posted 2 years ago, the handling of tabs has changed since then (besides the obvious mayor version updates), so this most likely would need changes to the module. Or you find a way for an external module (my last post) to remove the tabs only if it's called by fredi and not as normal backend process.

The preview video was posted 2 years ago, the handling of tabs has changed since then (besides the obvious mayor version updates), so this most likely would need changes to the module. Or you find a way for an external module (my last post) to remove the tabs only if it's called by fredi and not as normal backend process.

please link to your post.

The one you lamented about, that it would remove tabs everywhere: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3265-fredi-friendly-frontend-editing/?p=95063

To make it more obvious, currently there seems to be no ready-to-use way to remove those tabs only in Fredi. You'd either need to solve this on your own or find someone who would take a look at it for you (extend/update Fredi or hook somewhere in between to remove the tabs).

Just pushed version 1.1.0 to github. It adds options to hide tabs, but also new nice feature where edit area and links are shown on when hovering (fallback to normal links when using touch enabled device).

• Like 6

While I was it, I decided to tackle the PageTable problem also. So now the version 1.1.1 works with PageTables also (it's modal inside modal, so not exactly the dream come true, but it works if you need it).

• Like 4

Thanks for testing it Marty! How do you like the new edit links?

I cannot reproduce the delete tab issue here. It shows for you if you allow all the tabs? Do you use $fredi->hideTabs() method at all (not required though)? Interested to hear if that works.

Thanks for testing it Marty! How do you like the new edit links?

I cannot reproduce the delete tab issue here. It shows for you if you allow all the tabs? Do you use $fredi->hideTabs() method at all (not required though)? Interested to hear if that works.

If I use this I don't see the Delete tab either:

<? echo $fredi->hideTabs("children|settings")->setText("Edit your page")->render("title|body");

This works fine though:

<? echo $fredi->hideTabs("children|delete|settings")->setText("Edit your page")->render("title|body");
  • Like 1

Damn, I haven't thought at all tabs that are added with autoload modules... It might be that it would still be better to have own "process page edit" instead using the same as core uses. I'll test and think about this little more. Thanks for letting me know Marty!

just tried it and i like it! (no wonder ;) ) update from the previous version on dev went smoothly.

thanks for implementing this into your module!

on my live server i got this error on installation: 

Error: Class Fredi contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (ConfigurableModule::getModuleConfigInputfields) (line 159 of /var/www/vhosts/+++/httpdocs/site/modules/Fredi/Fredi.module) 
This error message was shown because you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

PHP Version 5.3.10, ubuntu

• Like 1

Hi Antti,

awesome improvements with the last updates!!!  :)

Easiest frontend edit solution with all features and a styled form (admin style).

Any plans to add a create new page feature to Fredi? ;)

• Like 1

Would be great to use Fredi ( or a second module) to create pages :)

Hidden fields (for example template, page name), hidden tabs (children, sesstings) and a "one step" create form would be great. Don't know if that would be possible (in an easy way)?

Bug with Fredi settings?

After save the settings all checkboxes are unchecked again?