apeisa

Fredi - friendly frontend editing

Wohoo apeisa hws a new baby! Great to have this!

• Like 1

Hahaa, thanks Soma :) It has little bugs with images/files and haven't even tested it with repeater yet, but other than that it seems to work nicely! This was superfun to code and actually took very little time and code so far.

Let pw do its work and youll be fine. :)

Just have to remember to echo it!

Btw what about permissions?

Permissions should be fine. I check them on field level.

Marty: feel free to try. I think it might work with thumbnails already. If not, it shouldn't be a big tweak.

• Like 1

Btw what about permissions?

Oh, I had nice bug that showed edit links for everyone (and then login screen if user didn't have editing rights). Fixed now, show edit links are shown only for editors.

Ok, just pushed nice little update. It should support pretty much all inputfields now (uses their native input processing). Only thing where I am having problems is ajaxfiles inside repeater (gives me response text: "page not saved (no changes)" after upload has been done). Repeaters without images works just fine.

It should be pretty trivial to build some kind of JS-switch to "show / hide" edit buttons. There is also $fredi->enabled = false that you can set if you want to disable edit links for some reason.

• Like 1

Uh nice,

a lot of little cupcakes inside your code to pick and learn from.

• Like 1

Apeisa i think you have to set some track changes when modifiying repeaters. Am on mobile so cant look.

Thanks soma. That is what I have tried, not lucky yet.

Does it works with language fields? Because all I get is a "edit" text instead of the body and a edit link.

Haven't tested yet. Does it work with others? You have loaded js?

Yes I have scripts. I get the link only with no text and if I click it just loads the homepage in the modal.

<span onclick="TINY.box.show({iframe:'http://pwmultilang.ch?id=1001&fields=body&modal=1',boxid:'frediModal',width:750,height:450,fixed:true,maskid:'bluemask',maskopacity:40})" class="fredi fredi-body">edit</span>

I also just tested with a non language field and same issue as above. I don't know what is wrong.

The url seems to be wrong. Do you have the process module installed? Does this selector work for you: wire('pages')->get("template=admin, name=fredi-field-edit");

I just tried on a non language install, and got same issue.

Thanks, yeah it seems the process module doesn't get installed at all. Although it says it installs it, it doesn't.

I installed the proces module and now the edit link works and opens field, but the text still isn't shown/rendered on page...

Multilang fields: it has few issues. It shows all languages right, but saves the "default" into "active" language. So if you are currently browsing with default lang, it discards all the changes for alternative languages. If you are browsing in alternative language, it saves default value into it.

I'm on a other install with no languages. Still doesn't output the body text when using echo $fredi->body. Just the edit link.

I just tried on a non language install, and got same issue.

Thanks, yeah it seems the process module doesn't get installed at all. Although it says it installs it, it doesn't.

That is strange. It is listed as "installs" module, so PW should take care of it. Bug in core or something strange on my install method?

I installed the proces module and now the edit link works and opens field, but the text still isn't shown/rendered on page...

Which text is not shown and where? Editor doesn't load value when editing.

I'm on a other install with no languages. Still doesn't output the body text when using echo $fredi->body. Just the edit link.

Oh, it shouldn't :)

$fredi->body outputs just the link, you render the content yourself with $page->body. This allows you to put the link wherever you like.

The body text isnt shown on the page just an edit link instead of the body text.

Ah now I get iz. Think it wasnt too clear about from your example.

That is strange. It is listed as "installs" module, so PW should take care of it. Bug in core or something strange on my install method?

Well, the process module doesn't have diabled install button so something is wrong.. :)

ProcessFredi and FrediProcess are different modules, so it can't work ;)

• Like 1

Well, the process module doesn't have diabled install button so something is wrong.. :)

ProcessFredi and FrediProcess are different modules, so it can't work ;)

Oh boy :) Thanks for this.

I have few tweaks coming, so will commit that fix with those.

Ah now I get iz. Think it wasnt too clear about from your example.

I added extra note for this case. Also will make better examples for official readme that is currently baking.

Multilang fields should work now too and also fixed the problem with installation.