Fredi - friendly frontend editing

apeisa

@JasonS,

The only way I can get this to work as you describe (with a custom role) is to install Page Edit Per User and assign pages to that user.

I've tried numerous ways to get Fredi to fire based on simple if's. In my example I have a artist portfolio page (which matches the username exactly):

<?
if($user->name == $page->name && $user->isLoggedin()) {
	echo $fredi->setText("Edit this page")->render("first_name|last_name|body|portfolio_images|artist_categories|artist_address_01|artist_address_02|artist_address_suburb|artist_address_state|artist_address_postcode|artist_twitter|artist_facebook");
}
?>

Even though my Role (artist) has page-edit assigned to it, and that role is enabled at the template level, Fredi won't show up unless I assign a page to that user using Page Edit Per User - which I'm trying to avoid as it's an extra step in setting up a user on the setup I'm trying to build.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello i want to ask if somebody else has a problem with Fredi on Front end,

Issue is i have users which they use template "user" and role "manager" with page edit access also on template configuration, worked well on version 2.4 after upgrading on 2.5 i cannot edit user pages on front end, only pages they use use template "user" even they have access to edit on template also on role, other templates works well on front end example project they can edit with fredi but not "user"

any idea ?

Thanks,

Edited by kongondo
Mod edit: Moved to Fredi forum...for now...

• 2 months later...

Just tried in 2.5.19-dev - doesn't work.

•  Module Auto Install: FrediProcess

•  Created Page: /admin/page/fredi-field-edit/

•  Updated 1 path

•  Module Install - (blank)

•  No module specified

Not sure what the "No module specified" means there... And when I delete the module, it removes it from the module list, but says "Failed to delete Fredi" and "Failed to delete FrediProcess". It also does delete the files, but leaves the folders (Fredi and .Fredi) behind.

Hmm, very strange, going to test here this evening. What you mean by deleting the module?

Did you installed it using some autoinstall stuff like modules manager or giving module name? Or traditional upload and install method?

Just tested this with latest dev (2.5.19 dev) and everything worked just fine. I installed by giving "Fredi" in "Add Module From Directory => Module Class Name". Also tested using it and all worked without any problems.

Not sure if the install problems you were having are related to modules manager somehow?

Uninstall a module PW will now create a ".ModuleFolder". You can then via direct download url install the module again and it will add a new folder. If using the class name it will find it already there and show message. Surely some quirks going on with core module manager.

• Like 1

Okay, just did a test now. The result on a fresh install of 2.5.19-dev:

post-2289-0-78178300-1424183734_thumb.pn

Nothing appears in the front-end. (See my post below - long day)

After uninstalling Fredi and I try to delete using the built-in module list: "Failed to delete module 'Fredi'", but it deletes anyway. Same thing with FrediProcess.

Could this be a Windows thing? (Doubt it, but worth a look-see.)

Nothing appears in the front-end.

That is correct behaviour.

I just tried the delete methodof (first time, didn't know that before) and it worked fine, although I got the notice about that it couldn't delete module.

Fredi (and it's companion module) install and uninstall just fine. I believe the issues here are with pw module handling and how those work with 'installs' information.

• Like 1

That is correct behaviour.

You won't believe me when I tell you this: I've had one of those days where 1 + 1 = 57-million, and where Fredi and AdminBar are one in the same.

Sorry about that.

But yes, something wrong with the handling there somewhere. Worth noting: I haven't found the problem with other modules as yet...

• 3 weeks later...

I just committed big refactoring to Fredi, which fixes all the known bugs and simplifies a code a lot. I haven't tested this yet on other pw versions than latest dev, so be careful when testing. It "should" work pretty universally, since now it uses ProcessPageEdit instead of own custom processes.

So image/file uploads and reordering (tested) and repeaters (not tested...) should work also.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hey Antti,

Is there a trick to getting PageTable to work with Fredi? A PageTable field will display but if I hit 'Add New' I don't get another window.

I would really like to use PageTable instead of repeater fields.

Edit: I've tried changing the z-index values in Fredi's modal.css but no go.

Wanna say thank you to Antti!

Great module - on every new project i explore new great concepts with PW...

Did a little change on the fredi.module to get different CSS classes on different fredi a tags.

First i used simple jquery to add the CSS class....but now i've a project (a onepager) that has different backgrounds, colors and so on....so i need a different colorsheme for the a tags....so going with a new function is the easiest way.

Did a pull request if this would be usefull - if not no problem:

https://github.com/apeisa/Fredi/pull/20

in my version i can set the CSS class like:

echo $fredi->setClass("btn btn-danger")->setText("editText")->render("headline|body");

and on the next link i use:

echo $fredi->setClass("btn btn-default")->setText("editText")->render("headline|body");

or every CSS class that is needed....default output is "" and with

$fredi->reset();

output is nothing again. Works like the linkText (in fact is kind of copy&paste from linkText).

Best regards and thank you again.

mr-fan

• 2 weeks later...

A shot in the dark: Probably this form is not generated by Fredi, but it just reuses ProcessPageEdit. Therefore you'd need to have a look at this, there are already some topics here about removing the settings/delete tabs there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to remove the tabs at the top of the modal?

LXQwkj6.png

Thanks! Great module Antti!

Really please tell me how to make addition tabs not to show if i need. Thanks a lot