Top Save Button doesn´t work in IE9

Mikel

Hello everybody,

today a customer, who is using ProcessWire as a backend, encountered a strange problem:

When clicking the top save button, the page reloads, but without saving the changes.

The bottom save button works normally.

I found the issue to be reproducible.

Thanks for the Link. As I understand it, this issue is known since 2 years and there is no solution, is there?

It has been fixed. As by this thread you can see we decided to turn off the top save buttons in all IE. Since it's only a cloned button using jquery there is a $.browser.msie check in the main.js that prevent the button from cloning. I just tested in IE and the top save button doesn't show, which is correct.

Maybe you can provide more infos to find out why it's still showing in your case? I guess you use an admin theme that is older or a PW version that is older.

It has been fixed. As by this thread you can see we decided to turn off the top save buttons in all IE. Since it's only a cloned button using jquery there is a $.browser.msie check in the main.js that prevent the button from cloning. I just tested in IE and the top save button doesn't show, which is correct.

Maybe you can provide more infos to find out why it's still showing in your case? I guess you use an admin theme that is older or a PW version that is older.

Hi, Soma,

I just figured out what caused the problem: Our client uses a custom admin-template based on the Ergo-Admin-Theme.

This theme lacks the modified part in the main.js. (I added the browser check)

I would consider this as a workaround, not a solution, but ok, I dont´t like debugging IE problems neither ;)

Cheers, Mike

• 1 month later...

Just a little remark: I encountered the same with Firefox and Chrome / Win (most recent stable releases). I don't think it's an IE-specific issue.

I don't like hacking the core code, but as a quick fix, would it be possible to remove the top "save" button altogether?

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up adding this bit of CSS at the bottom of site/templates-admin/styles/ui.css:

#submit_save_copy {
  visibility: hidden;
  display: none;
} 

Bottom save button stays, the top one disappears.

Or you could add another custom .css and include it in site/templates-admin/default.php:

$config->styles->append($config->urls->adminTemplates . "styles/custom-ui.css");

Perhaps another workaround would be to make the top button just an #anchor link to jump to the bottom.

I never installed a custom admin theme. I have 2.3.0 installed. site/templates-admin/default.php shows this:

/**
 * ProcessWire 2.x Admin Markup Template
 * Copyright 2010 by Ryan Cramer
 * Teflon Theme 2011 by Soma Philipp Urlich
 * @modified 2012-08-29
 * @version  1.0.3
 */

I just checked in ModulesManager: filter by Admin Themes: status: - (none installed)

• 5 months later...

Just had the same problem with the teflon theme (v2) from Soma. The strange thing is that the button does work when editing pages, but not when editing users.. Have no time to investigate right now.

Edit: Ah and it's newest Chrome, not IE ;)