404 after install

aCidicE

First of all, Hi to everyone! (and sorry for my english)

After the install (i have no problems), I'm trying to go to the admin page (on default value), but get a 404 error.

In this point, I'm start looking for find some solution in this forum, but nothing's gone work, and the interesting thing is the home page, it's not a "404" but just a "Basic Example Site"

So I try these thing:

- edit the .htacces file

the nonsense string give me a "500" on the admin page, and nothing change on the home page

the unmarked "RewriteBase /" - nothing

but because I installed in a localhost/sub-directory trying to add the path "RewriteBase /!!/_pwire/ _here it is_"

and the "... /var/www/!!/_pwire/ _here it is_"- nothing happend again

- the apache settings, it's littlebit tricky in Ubuntu, because the "httpd.conf" is the "apache2.conf" (it's inckude the httpd),

but the "AllowOverride none/all" is in the "/etc/apache2/sites-available/default" file - nothing

- the "mod_rewrite" also checked, but it's enabled - nothing

- PHP is 5.4.13, Apache 2.2.14,

Can anyone help me? Any idea/clue/face-palm? o.O

btw...

I'm glad to find this CMS, it loooks great!! but yet I can't try it on my localhost :/

Mamp and lamp local installs can be tricky. I use Mamp and have only found it to work for processwire by setting full permissions on the entire PW directory. Yes I know this is not ok in a live setting but I switch permissions when I go to a live server. Maybe you should try an install on an actual web host.

Sorry I can't be more of a help for a local install. Maybe someone else on the forums can help. I'm not the best developer around here!

Holly <#&@!!> !!

As before I wrote, one of the sub-directory is called "!!" ... and the trick is in the .htacces file, there is a line:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$"

without the exclamation mark, so I just add it ...

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_!.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$"

and voila, it's running on my localhost!!

I hope the exclamation mark is not directly missed... :/

btw... later I check in on the air, because there I still have the problem, and there is no sub-directory...

Thanks again!!

Later I come back with the info, about what I found on the live server...