Orphaned repeater data?

Rob

I seem to have a lot of repeater data (under /admin/repeaters/repeater_name) that don't seem to be linked to anything.  It is possible that this is a Handover from older PW version but what  Ican't work out is an easy way to get rid of all this cruft from the DB.  It seems like some of it I can delete, but some of it doesn't have the page delete link.  I tried to delete one set of repeater data that DID have a delete link and I got some sort of role-based error.

The names also vary, most of the "orphaned" repeater pages have cryptic numerical names, whereas the "live" repeater data I want to keep is named after the page is it attached to.

Can anyone clarify if there is an easy way to get rid of the orphaned data? I'm reluctant to start poking i nthe DB for fear of making a complete cock-up of it!

• 2 months later...

I have a lot of repeater data too. I discovered them by doing a front end search when I was logged in. They showed up in the search results. (they don't show up on the front end when not logged in.) I am using the Bootwire Demo profile with the the twitter bootstrap profile demo profile theme if that makes any difference.

I've never been able to reproduce this, so am wondering if there was some issue in a previous version of PW that was leaving orphaned repeaters (actually, I seem to recall there was for a short period, but my memory isn't great). What version of PW did you start with, and what version are you running now?

• 9 years later...
On 3/27/2013 at 3:55 PM, Rob said:

I seem to have a lot of repeater data (under /admin/repeaters/repeater_name) that don't seem to be linked to anything.

Can anyone clarify if there is an easy way to get rid of the orphaned data? I'm reluctant to start poking i nthe DB for fear of making a complete cock-up of it!

I tried a lot with automatic creation of pages and sub pages and adding repeaters for a shop and import of data with ProcessWire 3.0.200.

I wondered about the increasing of page id's (even after deleting all before created pages), increasing of orphaned assets and I also found a lot of waste under Admin/Repeaters.

image.png.edf372ff452769adeaba3e6330596d75.png

I deleted all pages except home and a search page with no sub pages and 404. Even though there are a lot of entries regarding repeaters (regardless).

Also there are hundreds of entries in the assets folder which where not deleted when using e.g.

foreach ($pages("/shop")->children as $p) {
    $p->delete(true);
  }

Any idea?
Is there a maintenance tool?

Thanks
Carsten